Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 22:47:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What ships to I have?  (Read 1509 times)

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
What ships to I have?
« on: June 08, 2011, 06:26:54 »

Hi
Is there an easy way to tell what ships I have in the program files?  I'm losing track between what came with
Ship Sim and what I downloaded from the Shipyard.  When I browse through the custom missions available for
download from the Creators forum and it tells me that certain ships are needed to play the mission, how do I know I have them, or need them?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks and happy sailing ( Ship Sim 2008 is still the best Sim, don't like Extremes at all )

Sea Wolf

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: What ships to I have?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:39:31 »

Hello Sea Wolf,
If you open your game, select "Play" then "Free Roaming" and finally "SELECT A SHIP" you will find all your usable ships listed, together with previews of each ship which will be shown when you click on each one.
I hope that is of help for you. (see pictures below)
Your final comment is shared by quite a few players. ::)

Traddles

P.S. I will move this topic to "General Discussions" as it is not really related to missions in particular.
T.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 15:52:12 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 17:01:28 »

Hi Traddles
Thanks for your quick response, so glad to see that this forum is still up and alive.  Yes I remember that entry
but does it not only show player ships?  If I'm missing an AI or Static ship that's in the mission, the mission will
also not be playable.  I found what I was missing, it was the Selsey series of ships which I downloaded from shipyards and the mission is now a go.  The only list of AI's and Static ships I can find is in the Mission Editor, is there another place?

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Sea Wolf

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 19:06:06 »

Hello Sea Wolf,

Do you have the expansion pack for SS 2008 called "New Horizons" ? This makes SS 2008 "complete" in all ways and you will be able to play almost all of the near 500 missions. It is downloadable from www.shipsim.com and is priced at $ 18.00

For further information please visit:- http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipsimulator2008

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 21:33:07 »

Ahoy Sea Wolf,
In addition to Vin_sun's reply:
In some missions there also are two tugs involved as static and/or AI ships. Those are the SS Furie and the MS Elbe. They are still dowloadable (I checked it about two minutes ago) from the www.ShipSim.com site (Products/Shipyard/SS08) for USD 5.99 each and a must for each and every tuglover.
Kind Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 22:22:06 »

I have New Horizons and I bought SS Furie and MS Elbe.  I just built a new computer with windows 7 and was even able to copy and paste the game related files from my old computer with win XP, into the new one.  All is
working fine and thanks for all your help and advise.

Happy Sailing to all

Sea Wolf

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 22:28:17 »

Ahoy Sea Wolf,
Glad to hear that all is solved. Happy sailing to You too.
Regards
Aad the Pirate
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines