Hello Guest July 04, 2024, 09:49:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View distances  (Read 1973 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
View distances
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:00:31 »

Hi

Couple of small query-like things...

Firstly, I have noticed that the cinematic view features less background then the normal views - things have to be quite close to show up?

Secondly ships at a distance disappear, but the wakes can be seen (see attached pic, the White marlin is 1.5 miles behind - you can see the wake but not the craft)

Is this just to keep the FPS reasonable?

The Ferry King

• Forum member
Re: View distances
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:06:18 »

Woow you seem to have made allot of topics to kind of complain about SSE's performance after update 1.3.5

But i also agree that It looks quite strange to see ship's wakes only visible when the ship itself isnt.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 12:09:25 »

Woow you seem to have made allot of topics to kind of complain about SSE's performance after update 1.3.5

But i also agree that It looks quite strange to see ship's wakes only visible when the ship itself isnt.

nonono don't get me wrong - the game is a lot better now, other then the bouncy quays and lack of hovering...

just a query that's all :)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 21:09:13 »

Secondly ships at a distance disappear, but the wakes can be seen (see attached pic, the White marlin is 1.5 miles behind - you can see the wake but not the craft)

Strange that you get that effect. Usually it is the ships which show well and the wakes only appear when relatively close to the AI ships. Perhaps your computer is not 100% up to playing the game. I cannot think of any other reason for what you describe and show in your picture.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 21:24:30 »

Hmm Might be... :-\

I know I don't get the best of FPS, I think I have also seen the Exhaust Smoke with no vessel in similar situations...

maalle heitetty kippari

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 21:28:30 »

I have also seen the exhaust smoke with no vessel sometimes in my SSE. I have 23FPS.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 21:30:13 by maalle heitetty kippari »

AMD Phenom X4 965 4.1GHz BE. MSI 760GM-E51 (FX). XFX HD6870 1GB GDDR5. 6GB DDR3 1600MHz. Windows 7 64bit. ยะณิ ลามะเณ็ณ

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 00:42:57 »

Sometimes a ship will have its Visible property set to false—such as an AI ship before it starts. The Visible property does not control certain add-ons like lights, smoke, etc.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:15 »

Hmm - this was in MP though...

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 12:42:54 »

Hello TFM,

I fully agree on the questions you raised / observations you made in the MP views!  8)

1: Watch the Cam 2 and Cam 3 long distance viewing of the same object and see the difference !  :doh:

2: You can see land over 6 nm distance, but not the ship('s) in between, just over 2 nm away from you !
(depending on what radar-scale you measure the distance)  ;D

Firstly, I have noticed that the cinematic view features less background then the normal views - things have to be quite close to show up?

There are not that many MP members that read and write in the forum as well; so not that many reactions sofar !  :-\

It is very likely that settings and parameters are put in this mode to ease on Questvieuwer performance and the FPS as a result; just as the white water around the ships and propwash is looking a bit thin !  ::)

vr. gr. / kind regards, Erik
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines