Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 23:35:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something is Wrong with Our Bloody Clicks Today  (Read 1289 times)

Jim Cobb

• Forum member
Something is Wrong with Our Bloody Clicks Today
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:58:30 »

I'm trying the mission editor. I have the environment set but the ship list won't open. Yes, I'm clicking on >.

mvsmith

Re: Something is Wrong with Our Bloody Clicks Today
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:46:59 »

The Mission Editor Notes explain the importance of patience in giving the ME time to finish loading completely before trying to do anything.

The Notes also explain some other things that can cause difficulty in selecting entities. The presence of a visible gizmo can prevent selection of another entity until you click an empty spot on the environment to get rid of the gizmo.
It can take many seconds from the time you click a ship in the list until it appears in the environment.

Jim Cobb

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 14:46:31 »

OK, it's bot the ship appearing; it's opening the ship list.

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 17:00:32 »

First, be sure that the environment has fully loaded.
Click the appropriate tab—Player, Static, AI—so that it is blue.

Place the mouse pointer carefully over the >. Hold the mouse motionless while you click the left button.

Whenever there is no response, first click the Entity creation title bar—even if it is already blue.
The panels do not respond to selections unless they are first made the active panel—title bar is blue. Sometimes a panel may become inactive even though its title bar remains blue.
This explains why a double-click sometimes is needed—the first click actually makes the panel active.

Jim Cobb

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 17:21:26 »

Thanks. Will give it another shot.

While I'm here. I think there's 37 player ships, judging from the Free Roaming list. Is that correct?

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 18:17:22 »

Actually there are more, depending upon whether you mean only those that can be the starting player ship:

The Editor lists 45 “Player” ships; however some—like Bangalore—are non-functional at present, others such as the life raft are hard to steer.

On the plus side, many ships have one or more deployable craft that become player ships.

It is also possible for the player to ride an AI ship running on autopilot, but it’s difficult to get aboard unless that ship can also function as a player ship.

Jim Cobb

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 18:59:23 »

Thanks. I know the point about the deployable craft. I'll say "over forty with more coming" in my review.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines