Hello Guest June 26, 2024, 17:20:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphics tweak for ATI cards idea  (Read 1712 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
Graphics tweak for ATI cards idea
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:15:42 »

Since the 1.3.5 patch, SSE has not had completely smooth edges anymore even if you had your settings in game on max, I found a way to get smooth edges but this is as far as I can make her go:

So firstly, I'd go ahead give this a go if you have a good computer and has an ATI card. Like me, Ship Sim Ex may not give you full performance and smooth edges even if you have  your settings in game on max. So what you need to do is switch to no antialiseing in game, then go to your ATI catalist control center and change it to something like  this, I think it will do the trick.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:26:24 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Graphics tweak for ATI cards idea
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 13:25:15 »

AFAIK, the problem you were/are having with the edges has nothing to do with the patch cause for me it didnt change and there's nothing in the patch, to my knowledge, that affects this, so it's something to do with your own settings, most likely.

Didn't we already go through that in another topic you made about the very same thing, btw?  ...two times even perhaps?

The Catalyst Control Center will and can override it anyway, regardless of what you set it to in game, and the use of it to influence the performance of the game has been well documented by Denis quite some time ago, with a clear tutorial on how to go about it all.

The patch, again, did not 'stop you from having smooth edges'. There's nothing that changed for me with this patch, AA wise, it's still the same... so I reckon you just need to set it up correctly, and that may indeed mean with the CCC, as is not uncommon. And then it will work.. Unless your card has a serious problem or can't cope with the game to begin with.

So please, don't point fingers till you are certain about something, and please don't make the same topics several times. Please post in your old ones, if you are going to revive a subject, to keep the same stuff centered and not scattered around cluttering the forum.

Cheers!!

Regards,
Fred

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 14:51:08 »

AFAIK, the problem you were/are having with the edges has nothing to do with the patch cause for me it didnt change and there's nothing in the patch, to my knowledge, that affects this, so it's something to do with your own settings, most likely.

Didn't we already go through that in another topic you made about the very same thing, btw?  ...two times even perhaps?

The Catalyst Control Center will and can override it anyway, regardless of what you set it to in game, and the use of it to influence the performance of the game has been well documented by Denis quite some time ago, with a clear tutorial on how to go about it all.

The patch, again, did not 'stop you from having smooth edges'. There's nothing that changed for me with this patch, AA wise, it's still the same... so I reckon you just need to set it up correctly, and that may indeed mean with the CCC, as is not uncommon. And then it will work.. Unless your card has a serious problem or can't cope with the game to begin with.

So please, don't point fingers till you are certain about something, and please don't make the same topics several times. Please post in your old ones, if you are going to revive a subject, to keep the same stuff centered and not scattered around cluttering the forum.

Cheers!!

Regards,
Fred

Might of been, but I was not sure what was up, de ja vu I'd say  ;D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 13:02:33 »

Since the 1.3.5 patch, SSE has not had completely smooth edges anymore even if you had your settings in game on max, I found a way to get smooth edges but this is as far as I can make her go:

So firstly, I'd go ahead give this a go if you have a good computer and has an ATI card. Like me, Ship Sim Ex may not give you full performance and smooth edges even if you have  your settings in game on max. So what you need to do is switch to no antialiseing in game, then go to your ATI catalist control center and change it to something like  this, I think it will do the trick.

I can't get that in my catalyst control center?
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 13:46:35 »

Hi 2K,
What you get depends upon what version of the CCC you have and, to some extent, upon your particular ATI card.
You should realize that the AA and other appearance adjustments can have a severe impact on frame-rate. You may need to decide which is more important: Smooth edges or smooth sailing.
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines