Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:38:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mooring lines  (Read 1085 times)

Merv0728

Mooring lines
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:48:42 »

Hello all, I am a newbie & just started messing with the editor.

The problem I have is that the mooring lines cut through the side of quay & then come up near the bollard to attach.Is this a bug or am I not doing something correctly ?

Thanks
Alan

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Mooring lines
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:50 »

Hi Alan,
What you describe is quite normal. Mooring ropes have a tendency to lead in straight lines from ship to bollard. Thus if the ship is below the level of the quay the rope appears to go through the stonework on it's way to the bollard. Just a bit of "computerese". The attached pictures illustrate this well.  I would like to say welcome to the game and the forum. You will, I feel sure get a great deal of pleasure out of the editor, even just making very simple missions gives one a great deal of satisfaction. Ah! I see you are not totally new but have returned recently. :doh:  No problem, I still think you will enjoy the game and making missions.
Regards,

Angus
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:46:49 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Merv0728

Re: Mooring lines
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 13:55:49 »

Hello Angus,
    thanks for the quick reply, & all understood.

As for being a returnee,sort of. I got SS2008 back in Mar 2010 I think it was but couldn't get it going even after trying all the suggestions on the forum. I then made contact with Martijn at the beginning of March this year & between us we got it up & running.

Thanks again
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines