Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 00:18:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to download the ship 'Ocean Star' to my ship simulator 2008?  (Read 3818 times)

WelshTurnip

• Forum member

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Yes, if you buy the SS08 add on New Horizons

Its very good by the way ;)

You also get some more ships and a new environment :D

Stuart2007

• Forum member

You DON'T get the Pride of Bilbao or Bilbao & Santander (in one environment) of course... and unless TFM gets going we never will  :C
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Traddles

• Global Moderator

The ONLY way now to get "Ocean Star" for SS 2008 is to buy the "New Horizons" add on OR the combined game of "Ship Simulator 2008 Collectors Edition" which includes the original game and "New Horizons". The chance to buy her as a single ship is now discontinued. However you do get EIGHT new ships with the "New Horizons" add on, not just one.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

WelshTurnip

• Forum member

Is steam a trusted site for downloading SSE?         Thanks.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Nooooooooooo

Buy it from the shipsim official site

*Not that STEAM is not trusted, its fine, its a case of STEAM and ShipSim don't mix well

Third Mate

• Forum member

Yup, It defenetly I use it alot to download new games that are on special, I did download the fishing trawler for SSE Sigata. It's man made marvle, it takes care of everything for you the minute you get it.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Yup, It defenetly I use it alot to download new games that are on special, I did download the fishing trawler for SSE Sigata. It's man made marvle, it takes care of everything for you the minute you get it.

When they decide to... *Cough Actually release it though...

Third Mate

• Forum member

When they decide to... *Cough Actually release it though...

I got it  ;D it's in my shipyard, ready for service thanx to steam,  ;D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

I had the ferry pack before STEAM did, and I had to wait a week for my birthday...  :doh:

Also a lot of people with STEAM experience MP problems it seems...

Third Mate

• Forum member

I had the ferry pack before STEAM did, and I had to wait a week for my birthday...  :doh:

Also a lot of people with STEAM experience MP problems it seems...

Oh right, I did not know that, but the main diffrerence between steam and getting it from the official website, is that Steam takes care of all the patching, any new ships will be just one click away once again steam installs it for you and makes sure it works. As you may have guessed it, other way It's more you hands on, you have to patch it up correctly, buy the new ships and this is all done from the Official website, if you are un-experienced with this sort of things mistakes are more easy to make. But the biggest thing make sure your computer can handle the game, it's very important

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Stuart2007

• Forum member

It seems that steam doesn't work, you mean.

Any time you add in a new level of interference in anything you're asking for trouble. It was the same with a certain rail sim that became infected by steam.

God knows what vstep were thinking of when they permitted this- hands up all those who prefer the steam version?

If steam is such a good idea, Sir Nigel Gresley would be working for British Rail still
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

It seems that steam doesn't work, you mean.

Any time you add in a new level of interference in anything you're asking for trouble. It was the same with a certain rail sim that became infected by steam.

God knows what vstep were thinking of when they permitted this- hands up all those who prefer the steam version?

If steam is such a good idea, Sir Nigel Gresley would be working for British Rail still

*Sticks hand up...

Though if the Train Sim is Railworks, I use that with Steam and as yet have no problems...

Stuart2007

• Forum member

Maybe NOW... but it did before. I RPB to buy anything steam related. If steam ever packed up then what?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Maybe NOW... but it did before. I RPB to buy anything steam related. If steam ever packed up then what?

You got a big problem... :/

Stuart2007

• Forum member

You got a big problem... :/

Yes. I DO have a big problem. But I'm seeing my psychiatrist daily about it...

Oh not THAT problem ;)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Yes. I DO have a big problem. But I'm seeing my psychiatrist daily about it...

Oh not THAT problem ;)
:D :D

Traddles

• Global Moderator

The bulk of the posts in this topic have nothing whatever to do with the original Question. :doh: Ship Simulator 2008 is not, and never was involved with Steam. It would not be a bad idea to check before posting.
I know it might be asking too much, but it is worth reading before posting. ::)

Traddles.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

The bulk of the posts in this topic have nothing whatever to do with the original Question. :doh: Ship Simulator 2008 is not, and never was involved with Steam. It would not be a bad idea to check before posting.
I know it might be asking too much, but it is worth reading before posting. ::)

Traddles.

He seemed to ask a new question mid stride...

Traddles

• Global Moderator

Hi TFM,
Quite right, but it does not alter the fact that most of the stuff above is totally irrelevant to his original question. If he needs to talk about SSE and /or Steam I feel certain that he is aware there is a board specially for that purpose, which is NOT the ship Simulator 2008 board.

Traddles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines