Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 23:41:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Massive Problem - [Edit: Insufficient System Specifications]  (Read 1494 times)

maxjaz

• Forum member

Hi guys, I don't know if this problem has been posted before but i'm new here and i DID try and look for it but i couldn't find anything about it. Basically I just got the game and installed everything but it really is not working good. Questviewer takes forever to launch and sometimes the game doesn't happen at all it just stays at a black screen. I can't even change the graphics settings because all i can see is the menu on the left hand side of the screen and everything else is in black. ALso the screen flashes blue alot. I managed to get into the game once but once again, couldn't make heads or tails of it. I'm running windows 7 32 bit on an hp g60 laptop but i usually play alot of other games and they work perfectly. Any help?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 15:54:10 by Mad_Fred »

wiztuck

• Forum member
Re: Massive Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 00:53:39 »

Hi maxjaz,

First, does your system meet the minimum requirements for running the sim.

System requirements
Operating system:   Windows XP (Min. service pack 2), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
32 and 64 bits OS supported
Memory:   2GB (Windows XP) or 3GB (Vista or Windows 7)
Processor:   3 Ghz P4 Intel or AMD equivalent processor
Video card:   Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 256MB ram (Shader model 3.0)
Hard disc space:   3.5GB
Drive:   4x PC DVD-ROM
Input controllers:   Mouse with scroll wheel
Sound:   DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX:   Version 9.0c
Controller:   Optional controller support DirectX 9.0c compatible
Internet:   Broadband Internet connection required for Multiplayer

Also, please check out the pre-install guide at http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19795.0.html

SSE is very demanding upon our poor hardware.  :'(

Ahoy,
wiztuck

maxjaz

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 00:57:32 »

Yeah i meet ALL of those, and i usually run mmorpgs and a lot of other games really easy, this is the first one to give me such trouble =(

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:30:28 »

My game takes more than 5 Minutes to go on its really anoyying like  :thumbdown:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:04 »

Yeah i meet ALL of those, and i usually run mmorpgs and a lot of other games really easy, this is the first one to give me such trouble =(

Hi Maxjaz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please register the License Key of your copy of SSE in your Profile at the Forum. You will then get access to all boards of SSE at the Forum including Tech Support. Please see guidelines in the link below.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20398.msg277700.html#msg277700

Can you, please, also post your Dxdiag. Guidelines below.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23335.0.html

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 05:38:45 »

My game takes more than 5 Minutes to go on its really anoyying like  :thumbdown:

Hi rjwhyte09,

Please attach your Dxdiag. For guidelines you may follow this post.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23335.0.html

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Toyguy

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 08:21:49 »

Hi guys, I don't know if this problem has been posted before but i'm new here and i DID try and look for it but i couldn't find anything about it. Basically I just got the game and installed everything but it really is not working good. Questviewer takes forever to launch and sometimes the game doesn't happen at all it just stays at a black screen. I can't even change the graphics settings because all i can see is the menu on the left hand side of the screen and everything else is in black. ALso the screen flashes blue alot. I managed to get into the game once but once again, couldn't make heads or tails of it. I'm running windows 7 32 bit on an hp g60 laptop but i usually play alot of other games and they work perfectly. Any help?

From the quick Google search I did, an HP G60 comes nowhere close to meeting the NVidia 8800GT minimum requirement.  Early models had an NVidia 8200 in them, and later models like the G60-630 went to Intel Integrated graphics.  Many MMOs do not require 3D acceleration so your ability to play those doesn't really factor in here.  Do post your DXDiag report but I am guessing the machine isn't beefy enough for SSE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines