Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 02:51:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 and graphics performance  (Read 1138 times)

K Jack

• Forum member
Windows 7 and graphics performance
« on: December 12, 2010, 13:03:41 »

Hey, it's been a while that i haven't talk on this forum :D. Anyhow, guys believe it or not i have witnessed an  increase of graphics performance of SS08 on my laptop using Windows 7 operating software  even though i'm using a weak graphics card. The game seems to be going faster although not smoother. Just last week i had problems with Windows Vista so i decided to updated to W7, install SS08 with no problems and just like that the game moves faster than under Vista. What do you think?
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Windows 7 and graphics performance
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 14:20:44 »

Hi Jack,

The reason you noticed an increase in performance is due to Windows 7 running faster than Vista. It is a known fact that Vista is a much slower operating system than 7.

Unfortunately for me, I have Windows Vista :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

K Jack

• Forum member
Re: Windows 7 and graphics performance
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:37:04 »

Hi Jack,

The reason you noticed an increase in performance is due to Windows 7 running faster than Vista. It is a known fact that Vista is a much slower operating system than 7.

Unfortunately for me, I have Windows Vista :)

I see. Well it don't matter for me as well because i'm planning to get a new laptop sometime next year and i promise that it will be a better one to run this game.
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines