Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 11:28:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solent Question again  (Read 1917 times)

Hawk233

• Forum member
Solent Question again
« on: September 04, 2007, 23:17:38 »

Doesnt someone know the depth of portsmouth, because I seem to always run the ferry aground  :-\

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Solent Question again
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 23:24:09 »

Where in pompey do you mean?

The rear of the harbour (from just after the IOW ferry terminal) isn't modelled. It seems about the location of the 'hard' interchange that the model ends. The Royal Navy and Continental Ferry Terminal isn't modelled and the water isn't navigable in the game.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Hawk233

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 23:29:43 »

In the demo video (yes i keep watching it) I saw a ferry entering the harbour. whats with that, and yes Im pretty sure that it was portsmouth.

daveislander

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:43:12 »

When you consider that tens of (REAL) large ferries leave pourtsmouth every day I have ASSUMED that the depths are suitable for most of the ships available... but as the Naval dockyard is missing (and the submarine pens..) and many other things arent where they 'really' are its pretty pointless trying to find the actual depth as it will not match what we have available. I guess we will have to just try and see what we can and cannot do...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 22:34:00 »

Portsmouth, as far as I can see, is only modelled to give a bit of scenery for Solent voyages past the IOW and no doubt to show off the excellent Spinnaker Tower.

There was a discussion about whether we want Portsmouth in the future, but there are so many suggestions for other ports, that who knows.

Personally, that is my favourite commercial port and I would love to see it modelled. (I go there often enough). but as the interior (North) of the port wasn't modelled they haven't needed to accurately model the sea bed.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Hawk233

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 04:04:15 »

Ok guys thanks for the answers. I'll just have to wait and see what is going to happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines