Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 06:21:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I give up....Physics and shallow water.  (Read 3308 times)

Shipguy12

• Forum member
I give up....Physics and shallow water.
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:57:30 »

Well its a fun game but since purchasing it I haven't been able to get very far.

On first mission I went to put out fire on vessel.Did that fine.Now Im tasked with taking the tug out and towing back both damaged vessels.Well just the area around the berth is shallow and the tug scrapes the bottom.There isn't even enough water in the canal that's deep enough to get out.As if this is bad enough towing the ships back there is only a tiny gap on the map to tow the boat through or your again in very shallow water and the boat your towing sinks from scraping the bottom.It doesn't take much at all for the ships to sink.Its ridiculous.

Add to this the rubber band physics when towing these ships.I barely hook up to tow a boat and without even applying power the ships are like rubber bands being shot across the water at times for 200 feet or more,bounching in and out of the water and defying gravity.I have patch 1.1 but seriously this simulation needs "extreme" help before its even playable.These issues have prevented the mission from being completed.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:00:57 by Shipguy12 »

Shipguy12

• Forum member
Re: I give up....Physics and shallow water.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:14:39 »

No one else having these issues? ???

Dreadnought

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:29:57 »

Yes I am plus a few other issues too. I just don't say much plenty has been said already. I really believe SSE will be sorted but it will take time.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:31:40 »

Is this the "Double Trouble" mission?

If so, I have played that mission and completed it successfully. You do have to watch the chart very carefully and ensure that you don't stray from the narrow channel towards the pier at Padstow. Yes, I scraped the seabed a few times but was OK (this was the same in SS2008 as well)

As for towing the two vessels, I had no problem.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 09:55:16 »

No one else having these issues? ???
I think tou'll find we are! we just havn't said so.
We're all buddies in boats

baszwanenburg

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:55:35 »

I also completed this mission without problems... just keep watching your chart :thumbs:

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 10:19:00 »

Add to this the rubber band physics when towing these ships.I barely hook up to tow a boat and without even applying power the ships are like rubber bands being shot across the water at times for 200 feet or more,bounching in and out of the water and defying gravity.I have patch 1.1 but seriously this simulation needs "extreme" help before its even playable.These issues have prevented the mission from being completed.

Just out of curiousity, what make/model is your graphic card? Also do you have the most up-to-date driver for your graphic card?
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Shipguy12

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 18:57:36 »

Just out of curiousity, what make/model is your graphic card? Also do you have the most up-to-date driver for your graphic card?

Oh its not at all a PC issue,

I am running a Phenom 9850 quad,Nvidia GTS 250 with 1GB of ram and 6GB of Corsair ram under the hood that I built.Not sluggish at all,even at full settings.;D I always keep all drivers up to date.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 19:04:47 by Shipguy12 »

Shipguy12

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 18:58:11 »

double post,sorry.

compasscard

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 20:02:54 »

I sank with the dug in a dock when towing a rhine freighter. Must the first mission I played.
The freigther scraped aside the dock and drowned my tug with it.

Specs:
Gigabyte MA790X-UD3P stocked with Phenom II X4 940 Black edition @ 3.2 Ghz and 4Gb DDR2 ram
Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon 4890 - 1Gb DDR5
7 HD - 5.6 TB in total
Audigy 2 Sound card

Shipguy12

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 21:46:19 »

Ya its tough.I dunno why such a small channel in the water to navigate in a port where big ships would naturally be moving through constantly?

I tried first Green Peace mission.While I did complete it the big freighter dropping barrels hit the edge of the map and got stuck.It started jumping from the edge to a few feet out.A bug apparently.Some of these maps are very small for these huge ships.Maybe in a future release they should make these maps 4-5 times the size with enough open ocean outside ports.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 21:49:33 by Shipguy12 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines