Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 00:11:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the ships one day look as advertised??  (Read 3118 times)

Diego138

• Forum member
Will the ships one day look as advertised??
« on: August 31, 2010, 14:26:05 »

Well I played that game now for one or the other hour. The main reason why I bought Extreme was for pictures and teaser video and the video in game that was taken on the last Gamescom.

Now every post from a moderator where Questions where like this, why no AI ships, why no this and why not that was for performance. If this game is so heavy that it does not work on an average computer you should consider that you might have the wrong game-engine. Look for example at the flightsim industry. The FS itself is nice but not more. BUT all developers that add Aircraft every day bring crispy clear aircrafts with perfect textures, perfect animation, perfect working technical environments and a lot of other technical stuff. Look at the series from Ubisoft bringing to us games as the Silent Hunter Series. Those ships look like the ships they suppose to be, crispy textures, environments AND a perfect ocean!!

Don't take me wrong cause I think you can do it. Just get rid of your feelings that many people cant play the game if you add more details. Put in some sliders, its so easy, and let everyone choose their own settings, let add on developers bring in their ships and just concentrate on the Sim itself with these nice waves and ocean environments that you have build, and let us have the ships that you promoted. The ones delivered (not all of them!) look like if they come from Legoland, with Names almost as big as the ship itself, with anchors that are never that big and ugly, with ropes instead of anchor chains (its only another texture) with very very poor textures with no AI, no machine nothing. The Bugsier is very nice also some of the new ships but those textures oh Brother.

Now please tell me for what I have paid. Except for the ocean nothing changed dramatically after two years of programming and a lot has gone.

Just my two cent guys.

Diego

blaster25dk

• Forum member
Re: Will the ships one day look as advertised??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 15:15:13 »

Except for the ocean nothing changed dramatically after two years of programming and a lot has gone.

I agree.
Intel Core I7 860, GeForce GTX 285, 8 GB RAM, 2 SSD disks in RAID 0, Windows 7 64 bit.

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 15:21:23 »

Very much indeed agreed!

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 15:24:24 »

In my opinion, the only thing I can complain about is the Anti-aliasing. The textures are much better, in the Rainbow Warrior, and other ships like Fairmount Sherpa, I can see details in the hull, that SS08 didn't have.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 15:26:43 »

Hi Tneves,

you have to add the antialiasing option by yourself, through the control panel of your video card manufacturer.

I've added a quick howto to do that with an ATI video card, should be quite similar with a NVIDIA card :

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19579.0.html

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 15:36:45 »

I dunno....my ships look pretty decent...not nearly as 'cartoon-ish' as they did in 08, and they handle superbly...very much like the real world.

Jim

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 15:38:43 »

Yes I agree, the ships are far better textures than previously and I can't comment on the dynamic properly since I have no piloted a huge tanker before!

However, I do not like the dynamics of the small cutter. Very sensitive on turning below 5 degrees. Seems to list badly too, when hardly turning hehe :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Sgt. Dutchy

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 17:08:22 »

i sure hope they will one day...
but for now we need a proper game first :P
I has 2 sse keys, one from steam and one from vstep

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 20:53:04 »

Hi Tneves,

you have to add the antialiasing option by yourself, through the control panel of your video card manufacturer.

I've added a quick howto to do that with an ATI video card, should be quite similar with a NVIDIA card :

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19579.0.html

I know that Denis, I use it in SS08, but I was talking about in game AA setting, like many other games. :thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines