Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:01:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile issues  (Read 1007 times)

freeciv

• Forum member
Profile issues
« on: May 04, 2010, 22:32:52 »

When I tried to enter my license key into my profile, this (see attachment) kept happening with every key I entered. I tryed the key for the following...
  • Ship Simulator
  • New Horizons Add on
  • Elbe
  • Furie
What I don't get is wouldn't everyone have the same keys?
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

mvsmith

Re: Profile issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:20:31 »

Hi Freeciv,

If you mean your forum profile, you have the one place to enter all of your keys; the giant brain figures out what that key is for.

You should enter every license key that you have even though some may seem redundant, such as two for Elbe or two for SS 2008 if you bought the original and then bought Collector’s Edition. This can save you grief when you try to make an on-line profile.

There was no attachment, so I don’t know what problem you encountered.

Why wouldn’t everyone have the same keys? That would defeat the purpose of the exercise.
You have unique keys so we can tell if you are trying to use a copy that is also used by someone else, a pirated copy.

Regards,
Marty

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:20:25 »

There was no attachment, so I don’t know what problem you encountered.
Sorry.

I have tried every key I have for the form profile registrations and nothing worked.
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

TJK

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:37:47 »

Hi

Can you post the keys in a pm to the forum administrator Mad_Fred and he will sort it out for you
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=14799

please do not add the keys here in the open forum

TJK

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:38:23 »

Hi freeciv,
As I indicated in my other post, every legal user has unique keys for each of the products. If you get the message that you showed, it means that someone else has already registered that key.

There is one other possibility: The registration system may be off-line for maintenance, but I would expect a more meaningful message in that case.

If someone else has already registered your keys, it usually means that either you or he has an illegal copy. There are many sources of cracked or stolen keys on the Internet.

It is strange that all of the keys for the different products are in use. The one circumstance that I can think of to explain that would be downloading from the link posted by ibcheezin (David Ludwig).

In any case, Fred should be able to sort it.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines