Hello Guest June 26, 2024, 21:07:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: S.S Manxman  (Read 2399 times)

hsc snaefell

• Forum member
S.S Manxman
« on: May 09, 2010, 20:36:40 »

Hi everyone I hope I have got the right place to post this but I thought I would bring up the Manxman which I am sure most of you will have heard of at some point.

Pallion Shipyard have said that she is to be scrapped shortly but there has been one last attempt to save her. I think it would help massivily if we could all sign this petition to save her.

Please remember she is the last of her type in the WORLD. There will never be another.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ssmanxman/

Wave Music

• Forum member
keep it gnarly

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
Re: S.S Manxman
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 23:36:57 »

I have heard that the MANXMAN have, rather unfortunately, developed a long crack across her deck (near the engine room, I believe), so sadly her days are pretty numbered. :(

This really say a lot about the state of Britain's maritime heritage - there is simply not enough of us to want save classic vessels like the MANXMAN, and many others as well. Lack of money/funding is also a big issue.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 07:39:25 »

Such a shame...she would be lovely as a floating resteraunt or something of the likes. But as Kevin said, I think a lot of it is down to lack of interest...Britain really isn't the maritime nation it was at one time before. Aside from that the money problems too...
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Wave Music

• Forum member
keep it gnarly

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 20:12:19 »

It really isn't a good year for famous/ different ships, is it? First Knock Nevis, now this. What's next? HMS Ocean?
Almost never here, try here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines