Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 19:23:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new name for shipsim pro??  (Read 1217 times)

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
new name for shipsim pro??
« on: March 27, 2010, 17:12:21 »

hi i just looked up the vstep's website and couldnt find ship sim pro but instead there is nautis.
is this just a new name or is a new product if it is sspro is being replaced right? ???http://www.vstep.nl/products/nautis/detail.php

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: new name for shipsim pro??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 18:21:40 »

They've probably changed the name due to the confusion between Ship Simulator and Ship Simulator Pro.

Besides, I quite like the new name and the logo :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:54:44 »

Yes, correct.

The new name is meant to clearly point out the very different nature of the game compared to the professional simulator.

Too many 'gamers' seem to view the pro version as though it's just a small step above the game, content/dynamics/level of realism/etc wise. But that is ofcourse not so. Not by a long shot.

Also there has often been a lot of expectation and speculation about all kinds of pro features finding their way into the game version. With this new approach, I think that this misconception will also be less common in the future. The game version will simply never reach a similar level. That's why Pro costs as much as it does and why the price of the game is only a tiny fraction of that..

I personally like it alot aswell! I think they did a cracking job on it!  :thumbs:

Fred.

matt5674

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:01:29 »

Seems like Ship Sim Pro 2 went from Ship Simulator 2008 Professional to Ship Simulator Professional V2.0 and now Nautis. It is like It is no longer Ship Simulator. The name does sound better for S.s. Pro... Er... I mean Nautis. ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:53:29 »

Agreed, they've really improved it, looks very professional.  :thumbs:

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 11:00:54 »

Wow I was right  :o  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 20:18:03 »

The idea of a rebrand was excellent! Love the new name and the layout of the website. Two different products, two different names.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 22:09:37 »

NOTHING from SS2008 is compatible with Nautis. They are two totally different things.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

matt5674

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 23:43:21 »

Nautis can not use any of the Super Packs or Shipyard Downloads since most of them are in Nautis. I.E., Furie, J.J., and Elbe are in there along with Wachthaven III, Selsey II.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines