Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 03:46:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FRAPS  (Read 1152 times)

laganviking

• Forum member
FRAPS
« on: January 14, 2010, 13:26:42 »

Just curious....

If there has been posts upon posts about his before please forgive me (Stuart/mvsmith/WM ;))

Whats anyones average FRAPS like when playing the game?  :captain:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

TJK

Re: FRAPS
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 13:49:35 »

If i use FRAPS 99 program to make movies with it show like this  38 to 53 when playing

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 14:07:02 »

Ahh, cool.

Mine is normally about 22-27  :doh:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 14:12:35 »

i get like 10 to 60 on mine  :-\

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 14:45:43 »

That’s a good question because I suspect that few players know unless they customarily run FRAPS all of the time.

Unless you have a very fast CPU, your frame rate depends upon your view and zoom level. For instance, switching between external (camera 1) and bridge (camera 2) can sometimes change the frame rate by as much as a factor of 2 or more.

This can have a large effect on the true speed of your ship (the distance it covers in a given clock time).

Many players probably consider 12 FPS adequate for normal play and don’t realize that it is that low. Without running FRAPS, a clue that your frame rate is marginal is when, after rotating the camera 1 view with the mouse, it takes a few frames to stop at the new view.

The frame time (the time from displaying one frame to displaying the next) has two parts:
1, The time it takes for QV to render the frame and for the display adapter to display it is usually quite short. If that were the only component of frame time, most systems would deliver 30 fps.
2, The largest part of the frame time is usually the time spent outside of QV in computing the position and attitude of every object that can move, and examining any possible conflicts with AI objects. This process is started by QV after rendering a frame, and must finish before QV can render the next frame.
Trouble in those computations is the main cause of “QuestViewer errors”, which are not errors in QV itself, but errors reported by QV.

It would be interesting if members would experiment, using FRAPS, and report their actual frame rates under various views in different missions.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 14:57:58 »

I was actually playing about with the settings on MP, as i am/was a member of the 'i cant play MP with out a QV crash' club.

Thats true what you said about the different cameras - camera 1 was only able to give me 25 max, whereas camera 2/3 were noticeably better with 30/31. Camera 5 was a close second with 27/28.

That was with the graphic settings on medium (the only way i can play MP at the minute :C)

I suspect that those with higher frame rates will have high spec machines?  ;)

TJK

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 18:35:12 »

HI Mark
you know my pc as not a low spec pc :) but if i run ship sim graphic option in  full then the fraps are down to 25 - 35
but it's still fast do :)
Tore
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines