Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 04:59:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Vessel "Waalhaven III",and what do you think about it.  (Read 6688 times)

Wave Music

• Forum member
Re: New Vessel "Wachthaven III",and what do you think about it.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 15:42:50 »

All people who are moaning about sea foam, does that affect the simulation THAT much?
I am sick of people to ask for all these stupid features when they even don't know how to manouver a ship.

Poor you. 
So often I see in your posts you're saying that you're sick of one kind of people, tired of another, hate third, etc...    Maybe visit a doctor?  ;D
keep it gnarly

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 18:06:56 »

Well, all those people mostly are the same group.

I am just trying to prevent that everybody gets the vision that the dynamics are perfect and all they need is new horn sounds and some fancy lights. (+ every single ferry and cruiseship (real and non existing) that they like)

Shipsim Extremes will have some sort of storymode so I think it won't be bad to teach people how ships are manouvered.

@K Jack
Won't it be even more satisfying if you can manouver a ship wich handles correct? No matter how big or small.

I think that the engine features can be added by some simple algorithems.

I am verry happy with ships like fairmount sherpa, bugsier 2 and Jumbo Javelin biceaus they are real ships made out of the real specifications.

Vstep went a large step ahead by employing somebody who has a couple of years experience.
And things that probably everybody didn't notice changed.
Like correct navigational lights.

But I am getting a little off-topic now.

willyloc

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 18:24:51 »

Hoi there, i am new on the board, having some problems with add-ons i installed. Is there somebody who could give me a hand please

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 18:27:55 »

Hoy,
Put this under technical support,please.
Than you will find help very soon.
Marc
N

willyloc

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 18:30:02 »

:lol:Thanks, hope to get an anwer. See you

Roebot 65

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 18:51:13 »

only 2 problems with it that I know off,
1) It has no wake whatsoever for some reason.
2) Ever tried putting it with 8kts wind and putting it in 4m high waves, reccomend you never do that as you will witness some very odd dynamics at work.
Other than those 2 points its the greatest free addon ship for SS08

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 19:41:30 »

Well, all those people mostly are the same group.

I am just trying to prevent that everybody gets the vision that the dynamics are perfect and all they need is new horn sounds and some fancy lights. (+ every single ferry and cruiseship (real and non existing) that they like)

Shipsim Extremes will have some sort of storymode so I think it won't be bad to teach people how ships are manouvered.

@K Jack
Won't it be even more satisfying if you can manouver a ship wich handles correct? No matter how big or small.

I think that the engine features can be added by some simple algorithems.

I am verry happy with ships like fairmount sherpa, bugsier 2 and Jumbo Javelin biceaus they are real ships made out of the real specifications.

Vstep went a large step ahead by employing somebody who has a couple of years experience.
And things that probably everybody didn't notice changed.
Like correct navigational lights.

But I am getting a little off-topic now.

Yes Sam i agreed, but its does not had to be as real as the real ship simulator in those maritime colleges or universities where they train you in a artificial bridge using plenty computers to control a ship. All I just asking is if they don't have a sea foam feature for Wachthaven III, i could wait and I won't complain, simple as that.
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 15:31:23 »

Yes Sam i agreed, but its does not had to be as real as the real ship simulator in those maritime colleges or universities where they train you in a artificial bridge using plenty computers to control a ship. All I just asking is if they don't have a sea foam feature for Wachthaven III, i could wait and I won't complain, simple as that.

Well, I am not asking for that much.

On a Polaris bridge simulator it even is difficult to keep a ship on a straight line (without autopilot).
It would be unpossible to manouver a ship on your own biceaus there are just to many things to do, you need at least 3 people!

All I want, is the engines, rudder and bow thruster to be a little more realistic with some ships.

captain mcenzi

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 15:52:26 »

hey, creator's fourm! since you guy converted the inland containership, could you guys also convert the yacht from ss06
if you would like a job in this MP, NON-PROFIT organaztion, contacted me on the shipsim fourm.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 15:59:48 »

They converting only those static/AI ships which are from SS08.   But who knows...

BTW, the first mention of Latitude as bulker were here - http://www.vstep.nl/projects/dry_bulk_crane_simulator/detail.php

It could be that they took & edited Latitude for that project-game & then put it to SS as a Selsey III.
keep it gnarly

naauriis

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 18:52:14 »

Hi all people I like this Wachthaven III I think also all is good when you go off the berth with spring line but he has only one big problem it cant moor with spring the aft isnt going on spring best vessel who goes on spring is agile
ships moddeler
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines