Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:04:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scope for navigation training, and future ports  (Read 902 times)

horrgakx

• Forum member
Scope for navigation training, and future ports
« on: December 08, 2009, 13:01:19 »

Hi all.  I'm considering buying the 'directors edition'  and have a couple of questions.

I did my advanced powerboat course a couple of years ago (RYA school) and I want to know if Ship Simulator can help me keep up with navigation skills etc?

Also, what are the future plans for ports?  Obviously some of the larger ports are included, but can smaller ports by the community be downloaded, or even can you build your own?

Thanks.

TJK

Re: Scope for navigation training, and future ports
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 13:26:01 »

Hi all.  I'm considering buying the 'directors edition'  and have a couple of questions.

I did my advanced powerboat course a couple of years ago (RYA school) and I want to know if Ship Simulator can help me keep up with navigation skills etc?

Also, what are the future plans for ports?  Obviously some of the larger ports are included, but can smaller ports by the community be downloaded, or even can you build your own?

Thanks.

HI

'directors edition'? maybe you mean the collector edition, that have shipsim 08 and New Horizon in the same pack, + some new missions and a movie hove they make the game, you can learn navigation in the simulator but you can't build new ports or ship, but it's a great game so you will not regret to bay it
Tore/TJK

horrgakx

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 13:52:04 »

Yeh sorry the Collectors edition  :doh:

Are there any screenshots for 2008 version showing the navigation capabilities?  It would be great if you could plot a course taking tide currents, depths, etc into it.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 14:51:02 »

Hi horrgakx,

Unfortunately there are no tide or current effects in SS2008, nor does the wind have any effects on ships. The wind does affect the state of the waves in open water but in port areas the waves are limited in size. Navigation rules are incorporated into some missions and many of the forum members are serving or ex seafarers so questions regarding navigation when posted on the forum here will always be answered by someone with the requisite knowledge.
This post might be of help to you.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,13434.msg164462.html#msg164462

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 16:11:09 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines