Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:14:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new Sherpa Super Pack, a possible problem. (Now fixed)  (Read 1600 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
The new Sherpa Super Pack, a possible problem. (Now fixed)
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:28:09 »

I am aware that Terry has posted on this subject elsewhere but I thought it best to have a topic with the title above.  Unfortunately some players MIGHT have some problems with the dynamics (handling qualities) of Sherpa in the recent release. This only seems to be affecting a relatively small number of players and a new set of dynamics is on it's way to Vstep for release shortly. This will have the term "V1.1" in the title.
If you ARE one of those affected, then it is best to revert to the default dynamics after re-installing the pack. I stress it is only the dynamics which are affected by this.
To save further trouble and to avoid re-downloading I have made a separate folder for all the new packs and "Saved" them there, rather than just running them. By doing this is is much easier to change back and forward with the various parts of the packs.
Please be assured that the matter is receiving attention as fast as possible.

Angus.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:39:10 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

TerryRussell

Re: The new Sherpa Super Pack, a possible problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 13:09:05 »

Just to add to Traddles' post, the problem is fairly minor, I think.

It is just that depending on how you have your controls set up, one of the two rudders does not always return fully to zero or go to hard over. But even so, the rate of turn is probably adequate (60-80 degrees/minute).

You should be able to overcome the problem by using the keys allocated to rudder 1 and rudder 2, rather than using the keys that affect both rudders.

So, unless you are experiencing problems, it is probably not worth worrying about.  ;)

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 08:48:34 »

Thought it was odd to be doing 12 knots...sideways! :)

Thanks for the quick fix.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: The new Sherpa Super Pack, a possible problem. (Now fixed)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:40:53 »

The updated version (V1.1) has now been placed in the Shipyard replacing the original.
I would like to point out that now on my computer the dynamics are excellent. :2thumbs:

Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 17:20:21 »

Yep, I second that. Just spent a good 3 hours using the Igor and the Sherpa!

Great add-ons guys, excellent job on them.

gonzo_aut11

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 17:40:19 »

Just to add to Traddles' post, the problem is fairly minor, I think.

It is just that depending on how you have your controls set up, one of the two rudders does not always return fully to zero or go to hard over. But even so, the rate of turn is probably adequate (60-80 degrees/minute).

You should be able to overcome the problem by using the keys allocated to rudder 1 and rudder 2, rather than using the keys that affect both rudders.

So, unless you are experiencing problems, it is probably not worth worrying about.  ;)

Sorry, but they don't work too  ???
Pressing them doesn't return the rudder to zero, at least in my installation.

But this is a problem with other Ships too.

Another little detail: if the map changes during the mission the external map changes but the map displayed on the bridge doesn't. At least it didn't in the new contract mission included in the sherpa pack!

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 18:57:26 »

It does work OK now. I've had feedback from the four people who contacted me about it on Saturday and Sunday, and they all confirm that it is working as intended now.

You say that you have this problem on other ships, so you no doubt have some setup problem on your PC. Probably you simply haven't set up the controls correctly. In the game, go to the controls menu and assign the keys entitled "reset rudder 1+2". Make sure that key isn't assigned to anything else.  :thumbs:

jim.smith

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 19:45:45 »

HI Terry,all I did was to reset my quality settings to medium,no problem now and the Rotterdam Sherpa mission  good exercise using the thrusters.
Regards Jim.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 13:29:17 by jim.smith »

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 00:56:36 »

Excellent news, Jim.

Enjoy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines