Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:09:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Red Eagle controls  (Read 2972 times)

Subwolf

• Forum member
The Red Eagle controls
« on: August 12, 2007, 13:01:14 »

The Red Eagle should move in both directions without having to turn her around. But when she goes backwards, funnel in front of the wheelhouse, it's more or less impossible to keep her steady. And when trying to turn she moves in all directions.

I found a way to calm her down, using both wheels at 190 to keep her steady. Turning them clockwise, top wheel she turns to port, bottom wheel to starboard. At least I got some control because I don't want to turn her around. This ferry is not supposed to do that.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: The Red Eagle controls
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 13:04:40 »

There are many topics covering this subject, including this one ;)

http://Forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,778.0.html

Regards.

DJM.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 18:14:11 by Traddles »
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 13:09:41 »

There are many topics covering this subject, including this one ;)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,778.0.html

Regards.

DJM.

Yea, but there is nothing about how to control her when going backwards..

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 13:14:23 »

May I suggest using the Search function, I found this link within a matter of seconds ;)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,638.0.html

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 13:29:33 »

May I suggest using the Search function, I found this link within a matter of seconds ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I thought that thread had to do with reversing the ferry, as most of us know shs got no reverse. But in there is another solution to the problem.

Hey, don't tell me to read threads more than a month old every time I want to say something...in case it has been said before. You mods sometimes gets annoying :-\

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 13:45:24 »

Hey, don't tell me to read threads more than a month old every time I want to say something...in case it has been said before. You mods sometimes gets annoying :-\

Apologies DJM if I'm jumping in here...

Subwolf,
If moderators keep asking you to stop doing something, does that maybe give a hint that you are doing something which you shouldn't?

Posting in a thread that is a month old isn't a problem, is it? You do realise that topics are listed according to the date they were last posted in and NOT their original start date. So there is no risk of your post getting forgotten/ignored.

As for moderator action- look, if the forum contains a large number of identical topics then people are going to miss an awful lot of information, confusion and conflicts will occur. For example, there a topic about whether moderators are heavy handed or not. http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,611.0.html Have a look.

Do you see what happens when duplicate threads are opened up. If you think a moderator is wrong- click 'report to moderator' and an administrator will investigate it for you.

I hope that clears that up.

Stuart
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 14:05:19 »

Subwolf,
If moderators keep asking you to stop doing something, does that maybe give a hint that you are doing something which you shouldn't?

I'll stop posting, if that's what you want...fine with me. Because I don't like how this forum is moderated.

I saw a post here when the poster wanted to discuss a problem with other members, some mod thought is was a technical problem and locked the thread talking about this licence key and technical forum all the time. The thread was later unlocked again. Try to relax...that's my opinion.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 14:10:19 »

Apologies DJM if I'm jumping in here...

No apology necessary, I couldn't have said it better myself :)

I'll stop posting, if that's what you want...fine with me. Because I don't like how this forum is moderated.

I saw a post here when the poster wanted to discuss a problem with other members, some mod thought is was a technical problem and locked the thread talking about this licence key and technical forum all the time. The thread was later unlocked again. Try to relax...that's my opinion.

No-one is asking you to stop posting, the comments I made were friendly, not 'aimed at you'.  The rules are here for everyone to follow, and any posts we make are intended for ALL users, not just the person who started a particular topic, or made a certain post :)

If you feel I was wrong with my comments, please feel free to, 'as Stu suggested', report me and it will be investigated :)

Regards.

DJM.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 18:59:13 »

I wil respond to you personally as I do not think a debate of this type should be public.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 19:01:07 »

Both wheels at 180 degrees should go backwords...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 19:10:39 »

As DJM has suggested, please continue this at

I am locking the topic to prevent any arguements, but please do feel free to carry on posting at the above link.

Although that link started quite some time ago, when it has new posts it DOES make it appear at the top of the list, so do not worry about your posts getting lost/ignored.

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines