Hello Guest September 18, 2024, 14:34:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocean Star on TV  (Read 2615 times)

llamalord

• Forum member
Ocean Star on TV
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:47:28 »

The Ocean Star hit the record books today as the first Ship Simulator Vessel to be featured in a real life Comercial.

The real life ocean star can be seen here on the Carnival Cruise Lines "Let The Fun Begin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhW51x-E0aY

I know it doesn't mean much but I thought our friends without the Discovery Channel on cable would like to see it. ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Ocean Star on TV
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:41:14 »

How many times can we tell you people, ocean star isn't based off a real ship! It is FICTIONAL!

NathanC

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:52:56 »

How many times can we tell you people, ocean star isn't based off a real ship! It is FICTIONAL!

Actually, it is based on the ship in the advert, the Carnival Legend (I think that's the name)

If you look at them, the only real difference is the absence of a chimney on the Ocean Star (And obviously different colours) ;)

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 16:04:37 »

The only differences I've found is:

The Colors,
The Name,
The Front Windows,  (Pic. 1)
The Back Name.   (Pic. 2)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 17:27:57 »

Yes, Carnival Legend is the name of the ship. And yes Agent, it is based on that ship. I heard somewhere that it was copyright to actually design the ship exactly as you see in the picture. So, they had to take the slide away, along with other accessories. Also, they had to give the ship a new paint job, which is why you see the colors pink and yellow on the Ocean star. Another thing, they had to give the sihp a name.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 19:45:42 »

Yes, Carnival Legend is the name of the ship. And yes Agent, it is based on that ship. I heard somewhere that it was copyright to actually design the ship exactly as you see in the picture. So, they had to take the slide away, along with other accessories. Also, they had to give the ship a new paint job, which is why you see the colors pink and yellow on the Ocean star. Another thing, they had to give the sihp a name.

so pretty much thy changed it so much it isn't really based off it. Because it is not identical like the Sherpa  and other ships.   

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 19:49:26 »

I think someone made a model of this ship on turbosquid and VSTEP made a couple of changes.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 20:53:51 »

so pretty much thy changed it so much it isn't really based off it. Because it is not identical like the Sherpa  and other ships.   

On the contrary. The design of the ship is still identical to the real ship, so if you saw both ships side by side, you would say that they are the same ship, despite the changes. This can be refered to police cars. Some police cars are black and white, some are green, some are blue. Some have red and blue lights, some have red blue and orange lights(My police department ;D) Some just have orange lights. The point is, if you took 2 diffrent police cars and put them side by side, even though they do not look the same, you can still tell it is a police car. Not the best analagy I know, but I thought it would be cool 8) ;D.

mvsmith

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 23:11:57 »

Hi Cap’n,
Not everyone can tell a police car: A gang of car thieves stole only police cars. When arrested and asked why they stole police cars, it turned out that they saw 911 painted on them and thought they were stealing Porsches.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 15:38:46 »

Hahah ;D. Well there is a logical explination for that: The robbers were too preocupied stealing the car, they did not care to look inside of the car to see any hidden police lights. Most likely, it was an undercover car. But then again, if it wasent, the robbers were just plain stupid ;D!

firestar12

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 14:49:37 »

I really like the pink and yellow on the Ocean star! ;D It makes her look so much better!

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 21:31:10 »

And pigs will fly ::) ;D.

DesktopCaptain

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 16:14:38 »

Impossible the Ocean Star has a rock wall, no self-respecting Carnival Ship would have a rock wall.   ;D

firestar12

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 21:06:11 »

Impossible the Ocean Star has a rock wall, no self-respecting Carnival Ship would have a rock wall.   ;D
Ugh...this topic is more than a year old, don't post in topics that old please. Also, remember, this is BASED off of that ship, not an exact match. I would think it's best to just leave old topics alone unless there's something dire to add.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines