Hello Guest September 18, 2024, 14:32:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamics in 1.4.2 update  (Read 829 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Dynamics in 1.4.2 update
« on: January 11, 2010, 18:32:34 »

Having been very lazy I have only recently upgraded to the 1.4.2 (or whatever it is!) since my hard drive took a walk down badly-not-working-street some months back.

I noticed that the PoR seems to take a very long time to slow down, change course, turn etc.... I'm sure it wasn't like that when I had the 1.4.2 upgrade. I seem to remember that it was originally described as slow to change when first installed- the upgrade makes it worse, not better.... Is this now realistic? If so, I'm glad I'm God and not a ferry skipper!

I don't have any other option installed at all.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

McGherkin

• Forum member
Re: Dynamics in 1.4.2 update
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 20:08:14 »

Sure it's not your computer?
Almost never here, try here.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 20:30:47 »

Sure it's not your computer?

No. It's the same computer I used before... The graphics are very fluid and I suspect it is quite a high FPS, so I don't think that is the issue.

Maybe it is a deliberate thing... I've not noticed it on the other ships. For example PoR seems to get a maximum turn of 62 dpm. I'm sure that is a LOT lower than before.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 20:38:30 »

No. It's the same computer I used before... The graphics are very fluid and I suspect it is quite a high FPS, so I don't think that is the issue.

Maybe it is a deliberate thing... I've not noticed it on the other ships. For example PoR seems to get a maximum turn of 62 dpm. I'm sure that is a LOT lower than before.

I have similar - I went back to the orginal PoR version. I found it harder to berth - the PoR would not easily go sideways anymore
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines