Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 16:40:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome sim, but New Horizons causing some questions  (Read 924 times)

G8tr

• Forum member
Awesome sim, but New Horizons causing some questions
« on: September 08, 2009, 03:03:13 »

Had SS2008 loaded nicely with my settings squared away and the new horns, radio, etc., then decided to buy the New Horizons Pack. Once I loaded it, I can't seem to use my joystick any more (even though the assignments seem to be in place on my old profile). Do I need to reload the horn file to get the horns changed on the New Horizon ships? Do I have to create a new profile to get my controls (Saitek AV8R) to work again? This program is really growing on me! I like the water modeling especially (Not easy!! I work with the command that develops the US Navy simulators). As an ex-Navy navigator, I like the feel of the various ships too. On active duty I mostly drove an aircraft carrier (Lexington), but spent some time on tugs, minesweepers, frigates and destroyers. Thanks for the great sim!  :captain:

TJK

Re: Awesome sim, but New Horizons causing some questions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 03:09:45 »

Hi and welcome to the forum G8tr

To use the joystick start game and thos from the menu option and then controls and you have the option to those watt the joystick buttons and stick shal do, click on the options and add you controllers, and yes i think you most make a new profile

Had SS2008 loaded nicely with my settings squared away and the new horns, radio, etc., then decided to buy the New Horizons Pack. Once I loaded it, I can't seem to use my joystick any more (even though the assignments seem to be in place on my old profile). Do I need to reload the horn file to get the horns changed on the New Horizon ships? Do I have to create a new profile to get my controls (Saitek AV8R) to work again? This program is really growing on me! I like the water modeling especially (Not easy!! I work with the command that develops the US Navy simulators). As an ex-Navy navigator, I like the feel of the various ships too. On active duty I mostly drove an aircraft carrier (Lexington), but spent some time on tugs, minesweepers, frigates and destroyers. Thanks for the great sim!  :captain:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:12:45 by TJK »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Awesome sim, but New Horizons causing some questions
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:32:51 »

Hello G8tr, and welcome to the forum!!  :thumbs:

I'm not familiar with your yourstick, but it might be necessary to go into your controller options ingame, and set your axis and buttons again, after this upgrade. A bit annoying, but there should be no reason to make a new profile in the game.

As far as the horn packs goes, that indeed also requires a new install, to overwrite the horns of the newly installed ships with the ones from the horn pack. I'm not 100% on the radio pack, but it could never hurt if you're at it anyway. They only take a few minutes and luckily the installers do all the work for you! You can revert to default or make a fresh install at any time, with the patch executables!

Sorry I haven't got an answer that will take less effort.   :-\

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines