Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:35:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Vermaas available on Creators Forum  (Read 13051 times)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
Re: Updated Vermaas available on Creators Forum
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2009, 13:37:47 »

Thanks Terry,

That's what I thought as well. It was an odd comment which prompted me to ask. I would hate for anyone to miss out unnecessary on SS2008 if they thought their Operating System wouldn't be able to work with it.

Kev

p.s. saw on another thread about you becoming a grandad - congratulations!  ;D
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TerryRussell

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2009, 17:11:29 »

Go & make 2 screenshots of RD3 Vermaas's prop on water & on air from your pc!  :police:

To be honest, I have no interest in it. Better things to do with my time and all that.  ;D

p.s. saw on another thread about you becoming a grandad - congratulations!  ;D

Thanks!  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 17:13:45 by TerryRussell »

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2009, 18:49:35 »

Here come 3 sets of pic's of the Vermaas.
Starting with the 'Standard' draft
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2009, 18:51:07 »

Vermaas with 'Reduced draft 2'

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2009, 18:52:44 »

And final, with 'Reduced draft 3'
See the difference?

Osprey

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2009, 03:16:34 »

I see a great deal of difference....  is it matched by a change in ship handling?

- Richard +
(Osprey)

matt5674

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2009, 03:22:45 »

it is changed by depth. That what I think.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2009, 03:40:07 »

In fact, RD3 was more changed than that, as she is almost fully unladen, ie all containers are empty, and draught is at the minimum to keep the propeller under water. Almost.
Regads,
Luc

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2009, 12:19:45 »

In fact, RD3 was more changed than that, as she is almost fully unladen, ie all containers are empty, and draught is at the minimum to keep the propeller under water. Almost.
Regads,
Luc
But now, when the Vermaas is an AI vessel, she makes quite a jump so high that the propellor is half out of the water. (see pic)

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 12:27:48 »

Hallo Terry
Maybe you can help me. I see always many things can be downloaded from the Creators Forum. I tried once as visitor, no chance. Then I obtained a passwort and they gave me only 3 downloads. now i am trying to download for example this version of Vermaas less draft, but no chance, 0 downloads remaining for me. Do I someting wrong, or do I have to ask for a new password each download, or how is this working ?
Bgds
ARTSHIP

Hi.

Thanks to the splendid work by LucAT, there are two new updates for Vermaas available on Creators Forum.

The first is a reduced draft version. Vermaas has now off-loaded 35000 tonnes of cargo and can access areas formerly too shallow, such as Waalhaven Terminal in Rotterdam etc.

The second update is a modification to the controls. This has an improved look (it doesn't change any functions) and is especially relevant if you use a large screen or a lower resolution. You may prefer it in any case.

Both updates come with an uninstall function that restores to the default version.

Link to Creators forum is in my signature, below.

To find these updates, simply select "Add-ons & Updates" as the environment in the downloads area. You'll see them in the list of available downloads.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2009, 12:38:25 »

Hallo Terry
Maybe you can help me. I see always many things can be downloaded from the Creators Forum. I tried once as visitor, no chance. Then I obtained a passwort and they gave me only 3 downloads. now i am trying to download for example this version of Vermaas less draft, but no chance, 0 downloads remaining for me. Do I someting wrong, or do I have to ask for a new password each download, or how is this working ?
Bgds
ARTSHIP

Hi ARTSHIP, you have to give feedback on the downloaded mission. For every given feedback, you get 1 download.
It's the crew that makes the difference

TJK

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2009, 12:58:03 »

Hi ARTSHIP, you have to give feedback on the downloaded mission. For every given feedback, you get 1 download.
Hi ARTSHIP
And if you make missions you get more downloads for every missions you upload and be approved, if i remember right you got 5 download for a mission

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:59:38 by TJK »

TerryRussell

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2009, 16:35:48 »

Good afternoon.

The system gives you three downloads. When you give feedback about the download (did it work OK for you, or was there a problem?) then it gives you another download. So, just give us the feedback on each of the downloads and you can get whichever ones you want next.

As TJK says, if you create a mission that is accepted by our Mission Reviewers, then you get an extra five downloads.

TerryRussell

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2009, 16:38:51 »

But now, when the Vermaas is an AI vessel, she makes quite a jump so high that the propellor is half out of the water. (see pic)

Hi Aad.

Quite right. That's why there are two different versions. The RD3 version will indeed leap into the air. As the update's description warns. Unfortunately, there is no way around that. But I think that any good mission creator can use the different capabilities of the three versions and write some interesting missions.

(Luc's "Latitude at Botlek" is a simple, but very challenging mission using the RD Latitude).

steveboston

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2009, 11:31:39 »

Congratulations Terry on the new future sailor in the family!
Thanks to all for the Vermass update - I will download it after this. I am surprised that some clever devil (either at VSTEP or the user community) hasn't yet devised a way of globally adding to the water depth, or at least in Pompey. Anyway this will be most welcome just as the improved horn sounds were. Thanks to all
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines