Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 03:24:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with built in missions  (Read 1293 times)

Clatoo

• Forum member
Problems with built in missions
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:45:14 »

Hello all,

I am playing the french version of Ship Simulator Collector's edition patched to 1.4.2

I've looked through many, many posts to no avail, so I am posting here.

Problems :

1) Training mission : Rescuing the yacht owner who has fallen overboard.
Whatever my speed or heading, the mission is aborted about half way toward the first waypoint with a message in the line of "You have hit someone in the water" or something like that.
I know the guy is at the first waypoint and there is nothing in the water when the mission is aborted.

2) "Spare parts for Marseille"
My docking spot is already taken up by two vessels and I cannot dock.
The mission briefing states that I should be careful with outgoing traffic, but there is none.
Perhaps the ships I am to encounter on their way out somehow end up in my docking spot ?

3) "The petrol platform from Marseille to Rotherdam"
I know this is one of the hardest mission, but I gave it a try anyway. I could not move the damn thing.
I am using the proper towing lines, full speed ahead with both towing boats, but it won't move.
Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help !

Please forgive me, but so far it looks like I cannot complete about 3 missions out of 4 attempted.
So unless someone out there can help me, I don't think I am going to keep on playing it...  :-[

Kind Regards
Clatoo

Edit: Deleted the Southampton problem that is now solved. There were no problem other than my deficient brain  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:54:15 by Clatoo »

mvsmith

Re: Problems with built in missions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 17:15:09 »

Hi Clatoo,
Welcome to the forum. The best place to ask questions about missions in on the Missions board. That is where I look for them, and where others look for answers.
1. This mission has a problem that a spurious person appears in the water each time the mission is restarted by clicking the “Reset mission” button in the lower right corner. If you exit from the simulator and then start it fresh, you can complete the mission by heading toward the yacht instead of to the rescue waypoint. Turn left toward the waypoint just before you reach the yacht. Be careful not to hit the man in the center of the waypoint.

I’ll run the other missions when I have a chance, and respond again.
Regards,
Marty

For the third mission, I will need the exact title and the starting environment.
I can’t see a mission of that description. The only one I’m familiar with begins in Rotterdam for Bergen, North Sea.

Assuming that the third mission mentioned is “A massive towing job for Fairmount”, the two Sherpa’s can move the oil platform the short distance to the last waypoint at nearly two knots if done with skill.
It takes a while to move that massive object. It takes some skill to keep the towlines parallel to maximize the pulling force.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 23:42:49 by mvsmith »

Clatoo

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 18:31:29 »

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply, I'll give it a try right now !

Clatoo

Edit : Same bug when I start afresh. "You've hurt someone in the water"...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 18:36:09 by Clatoo »

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 19:34:17 »

Hi Clatoo,

Please tell me the version and build number of your simulator.

The second mission has been changed to move the mooring position. These very old missions are often broken as a result of changes in the simulator. Often a repaired version is available for in-game download via Play > Custom missions, or can be found on Terry’s Creator’s Forum.

On the first mission, have you tried heading toward the yacht to avoid the phantom swimmer?

Regards,
Marty

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 23:10:07 »

Hi Marty.

In his first post, he said
I am playing the french version of Ship Simulator Collector's edition patched to 1.4.2

So I guess he's got the latest version.

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 23:45:51 »

Hi Terry,
The English Collector’s Edition DVD is at 1.4.2. (build 1038)
The Spare Parts mission included has the new mooring as shown in the picture. It also has no AI.
That is why I asked him for confirmation on the version and build.
Regards,
Marty

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 23:52:36 »

Hmmm.... I see.

Well, he said that it was "patched" which I thought was odd. So perhaps he's installed something incorrectly (or needlessly). I uderstand your question, now.

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:23:35 »

Hi Terry,
On the rescue mission, which has been discussed at length, If you do it right the first time—don’t hit the swimmer in the circle—the mission is simple.
If you hit the swimmer while attempting to rescue him, and then restart the mission either by clicking that option when you fail, or by clicking the reset button in the lower right, then a phantom swimmer is generated between the dock and the waypoint. Each time you restart, another one is generated.
You need to quit the mission entirely in order to get rid of the phantoms.
Regards,
Marty

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines