Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 08:36:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission Editor  (Read 1001 times)

ironbark18@bigpond.com

• Forum member
Mission Editor
« on: January 09, 2009, 14:28:31 »

G'Day
Recently Purchased Ship Sim 2008 by download
and received Ver 1.1
Dumb question for today
Where can I download Mission Editor and or latest update
Have looked most Places on the Ship Sim Site
Help Please
Lindsay

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Mission Editor
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 14:33:33 »

Hello Lindsay, and welcome to the forum!!  :)

If you update your game to the latest version (1.4.2), the Mission Editor will be installed automatically. It should place the executable on your desktop. (And you'll find it in the game root too).

To get the latest patch, click on the link below, and (considering the fact that you have V1.1 now) then you'll need to download the 1.x -> 1.4.2 patch.

http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/patches.php

Run it once the download is complete, the rest is automatic.

On another note, if you register your Ship Simulator 2008 license key in your profile, there will be a free addon vessel available for download. The Jumbo Javelin, heavy lift vessel. You'll find that download link in your profile aswell, once your key is registered.

Happy sailing.. and happy mission editing!  :)

Regards,
Fred

* Edit - Typo
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 14:35:30 by Mad_Fred »

jim.smith

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 18:26:09 »

Hiya Lindsay and welcome,
No question is dumb,these are great guys only to willing to help.

Happy sailing,
Jim ;D

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 19:52:15 »

welcome lindsay, not a dumb question at all like jim said,

welcome to the forum  :)
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

putte

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 17:14:26 »

Hello

I just bought Shipsim and I love it. I enjoy to make my own missions. And I Kow that you can make the other ships moving in the scenario. I have manual. But in some way I cant make it, how stupid can I be?

The manual says

To increase the livelihood of your mission, and possibly to make it more difficult to play it, you can add self-sailing ships to the environment. These are also referred to as autonomous vessels, or abbreviated as AI (Artificial Intelligence) traffic. Go to the AI section. Click on “New” to create a new path, which will be followed by the AI vessels.

Create a meaningful name, so you can later on identify the path from possibly a whole series of paths, like in our case “Yachts along coastline anti-clockwise”. Then add path nodes using the Insert key of your keyboard. By default, a node will appear quite big, as it can also be used for open sea and large vessels, where space is more widely available than small yachts near a shallow coastline. You can shrink the node by keeping the Shift key pressed and shifting the mouse up and down with the left mouse button also pressed.

Move through the scene to the spot where the next nodes needs to be placed, using the cursor keys. Turn around by shifting the mouse left/right while keeping the left mouse button pressed. Zoom in and out using the scroll wheel. Place the next node again with the Insert key. Once placed, you can select a node by clicking on it, and shifting it with the mouse.

(Then add path nodes using the Insert key of your keyboard) But when I try this nothing happens? I have 2 Insert buttons, but no one seems to work? I even tried Ctrl and v.

Is there somone out there wo can step by step easily tell me how do make the routes for my AI ships?

Best regards Patrik
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 17:18:18 by putte »

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 18:06:46 »

Hi Patrik,
Download the Mission Editor tutorial from here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html

If you still have trouble, post your questions on the Missions board, or send me a PM.
Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines