Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 18:20:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me please with weather preset file!!!!!!!!  (Read 1928 times)

gazzer22

• Forum member
Help me please with weather preset file!!!!!!!!
« on: September 25, 2008, 23:56:00 »

Hi my friend was on my game SS08 with the NH add-on and he edited the weather preset file to try and make bigger waves and went mad because the game would not start anymore. So after nearly killing him i uninstalled the game but now it won't let me re install it PLEASE HELP ME
From the pen of Ben

Kona1988

• Forum member
Re: Help me please with weather preset file!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 00:14:04 »

uh oh tsk tsk, shoulda told him not too.

Tampering with the files causes the system to unregister the product, i think, making it unusable, I personally dont think it bad if your not reslling or making videos if itm butm thats just ne.
Sorry for bad typing there

firestar12

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 00:54:07 »

I believe i can help you. Ok, With every update, Comes an updated file (Such as weather preseset) That replaces the old one. (I think so) So you obviously have V 1.0. Now, Install the game and so on or whatever, Then download the 1.4.2 Update. That should fix things. I am always full of ideas. (Ideas that work) Its weird.

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 01:03:33 »

But wouldnt it jsut update it, and if the file is corupt, abort the install?

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:43:28 »

you're out of luck, the moderators will not help you because you've edited the game files and voided your license agreement. Its not reccomened, you gambled, you lost.  :-\

firestar12

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 15:23:15 »

you're out of luck, the moderators will not help you because you've edited the game files and voided your license agreement. Its not reccomened, you gambled, you lost.  :-\
No, His FRIEND did it. Obviously don't ever trust him again. Im afraid you will have to re-purchase it. Thats all im aware of. What he did was very wrong. He should know that.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 15:52:45 »

Yes, there is no way he would be told to unregister his game, using the ad hoc file in the main folder of the game.
Regards,
Luc

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 16:21:30 »

No, His FRIEND did it.

Any idea how many PM's we get with "my friend has..", or "my little brother did.." ??  ;D

I'm not saying one or the other, but whatever happens, everyone is of course responsible for his own game and his own pc, so even if you let your little brother play and he messes things up, it's still your own responsibility of course. So yes, rights to technical support have basically been lost.. But anyway;

A fresh install should revert everything to default status. Get rid of all the old Shipsim files and do a complete reinstall and you will have a default install, without any edits or bad files. That should work. And since this editing went sour, I would suggest you just update your game to the latest version. Sure, the big waves are impossible then, but you don't want those anyway, as it makes the whole game and all of the ship dynamics totally unrealistic. 1.4.2. is much better.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 21:05:34 »

I'll move this to General Discussions, since Technical Support is not appropraite.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 22:36:51 by TerryRussell »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines