Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 22:09:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download problem with Ship sim 2008  (Read 2567 times)

ravi

• Forum member
Download problem with Ship sim 2008
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:53:11 »

Hi Every one

I bought ship simulator yesterday with great happiness and then downloaded it from location 1 and 2 .The files were in winzip format.I tried to  unzip them and then i get this error message

xtracting to "c:\unzipped\ShipSim2008\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Extracting Setup.exe
bad CRC b53eebd2  (should be 5b0fed75)

I have tried downloading from location 1 and 2 but the same thing is happening..Can you please help me.I feel very sad that I can't use my ship sim.I have winzip installed in my pc.Should I remove win zip and try downloading again.I am not sure what exactly I should do.I want to get into my ship sim.I will be very happy if someone helps me.
                              Thank you in advance
                               Ravi
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:34:58 by ravi »

paruto

• Forum member
Re: Download problem with Ship sim 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:13:01 »

crc (cyclic redundancy check) ist ein Verfahren welches durch die Ermittlung einer Prüfsumme einen Fehler bei der Datenübertragung fesstellen kann. Im Klartext: Die Prüfsumme der gelesenen und geschriebenen Daten muss identisch sein ansonsten gibt es einen bad crc.
Sieht ganz nach defekten sektoren auf deiner Festplatte aus. Mach mal ein checkdisk von deiner platte, mal sehen was rauskommt.

Looks like an error on your harddisk. Make a checkdisk and see what the system tells you.

Gruß/greatings
paruto
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:22:05 by paruto »

Erwin-NL

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:24:01 »

Try it from:
<<<Edited by admin>>>

I hope it works!

This mirror is many faster than the official mirrors, but the file is the same.

Regards,

Erwin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 13:33:45 by Wout »

Rince

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 15:10:58 »

Do you have enough free space on that drive? Some Zip programs sometimes falsely detect a CRC error when running out of space.

Otherwise I would use a download manager like Free Download Manager:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Greetings,

Rince

ravi

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 06:57:01 »

Hi All

I tried using download manager.and downloaded the full file again.I Degragmented my disk and scanned my disk for errors.I have close to 40 gig of free harddisk space.Again and again I am getting the same message (The file is corrupted). I am not sure what I should do.I boght the ship sim on Monday Still I am not able to play it.I sent an e mail to tech support on Monday .I have not heard anything from them.I feel very sad.I have sent another message to them and I hope that they willl get back to me.If any one can help me with is problem I will be very grateful
                          Kind regards
                          Ravi

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 14:48:42 by ravi »

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 11:15:16 »

Have you tried another program to unzip it? If you use XP there is one built in to the OS. You can get access to this again by deleteing the zip programs.
[MPSS]AlexKall

ravi

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 14:47:34 »

Have you tried another program to unzip it? If you use XP there is one built in to the OS. You can get access to this again by deleteing the zip programs.

I have so far tried 2 different zipping utillities.I get the same message saying file is corrupt.This evening I  have sent an e mail to customer service of ship sim  stating my problem .I  hope that they will get back to me.The sadest part is I bought Ship Sim on Monday morning and still I am not ble to use it.

ben

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 15:54:49 »

Hi Ravi, how big is the .zip file?  (if complete should be approx 647mb)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines