Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 00:27:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add these control modifications to the wishlist  (Read 879 times)

maxand

• Forum member
Add these control modifications to the wishlist
« on: September 05, 2008, 04:41:03 »

(I posted this recently within another post but decided it needs its own thread)

1) Although there is a keyboard control for resetting twin throttles, this is only to zero. Many times I would have liked to equalize the throttles first (not to zero) with just one keystroke, then opened and closed the combined throttles, instead of having to first reset them to zero, then use the combined throttle keys to open or close them. I'd like to see an extra key added to Ship Control which, when pressed in a twin-engined vessel, averages the two settings.

E.g., if one throttle is at 60% and the other is at 40%, pressing this key would make both throttles 50%, then the combined setting could be regulated by the throttle 1+2 keys.

I haven't yet encountered a ship with 2 rudders, but another key could be assigned to average their settings too. What do you guys think?

2) I now must agree with Finn700 (http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,10114.msg117883.html#msg117883) that numerical output for keyboard control of steering is vital and has been omitted. I.e., pressing a rudder left or rudder right key on the keyboard should display the number of degrees the rudder has been moved through, particularly for larger vessels where precision steering is more important.

3) It's very difficult to get 100% thrust (forward or reverse) with azimuth thrusters; even to get to the high nineties is awkward - it's too easy to drag the mouse cursor beyond the perimeter of the green disk. In other words, there should be a "100% buffer zone" at the periphery to make this easier. Otherwise, a lot of time is wasted precisely positioning the mouse cursor (and there are two engines) that could be better spent keeping a watch.

mvsmith

Re: Add these control modifications to the wishlist
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:19:14 »

The rudder angles are always shown on the HUD.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Add these control modifications to the wishlist
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:19:25 »

the 2 ruders as  ship sim is limited mean diffent things depending on what ship you are in ocean star and the moden tug is azipods red egel is the 360 degee truning
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines