Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:27:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pod controls  (Read 984 times)

percythrower

• Forum member
pod controls
« on: August 29, 2008, 00:10:14 »

hi, its me again cant grasp these new pod controls on the cruise liner and the bugsier 2 can anyone help. :-\

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: pod controls
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:40:59 »

hi, its me again cant grasp these new pod controls on the cruise liner and the bugsier 2 can anyone help. :-\

think of it like a joy stick pushing it forword will make the ship go ahead tuning the joy stick will turn the ship the ocean star works the other way so a left turn will make the ship go right

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:58:21 »

Hi Percy.

For the Bugsier 2, press 'Left' to turn left.
For the Ocean Star, press 'Left' to turn right.

Think of the Bugsier 2 as a Front-wheel drive car (Volkswagen Golf) in terms of steering, and you should be fine.
Have you ever been in a small boat (something like a rowing boat or dinghy), with an outboard motor on the back? Well say you're sitting directly on the Port-side, Aft. You'd pull the tiller towards you to turn right, and push it away from you to turn left. Well the Ocean Star is exactly the same in that respect. :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 19:12:16 »

This is not a Technical Support issue, so I've moved it to General Discussions, since it is Ship Simulator related.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 03:16:49 »

Perhaps it would help to take a good look at the "detailed preview" of the ships, to understand where the propulsion is situated.. ;)

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 03:36:17 »

The way I tell new commers to think of it is that you are just grabbing the pod and turning it to aim and throttle forward to shoot water in that direction, well the opposite direction. ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines