Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:09:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Visuals and reflections should be on a update on ss2008  (Read 2165 times)

NiElS

• Forum member

The new reflections on the water, wat makes you see depth and reefs and stuff (lightblue area's) should have been on a free update for the original SS2008, and NOT on a addon called New Horizons.
Because now it feels like i bought a incomplete game (wich is actually quiete true) and that i have the BUY pieces of progress. Thats sounds and is not really fair.

I would like to hear others opinion.
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

Dave M

• Global Moderator
Re: New Visuals and reflections should be on a update on ss2008
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 20:52:49 »

Hi NiElS,
That wasn't what you purchased.

What you purchased was,
(1) a new environment, Padstow.
(2) new vessels, 6 of them I think. I'm sure someone can list them for you.
(3) a load of new missions, about 26.

All of that took a lot of time, they have thrown in a couple of extras, (that you have picked up on), for free!!

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

TerryRussell

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 23:12:54 »

Hi NiElS.

It seems to me that the V1.4.2 of Ship Simulator without New Horizons has exactly the same reflections, refractions, foam, wakes and waves as the New Horizons version.

Plus all the free add-on radio sounds and horn sounds are available for both versions.

As Dave said, New Horizons has additional ships, environment and some new missions for those extras. Everything else is available in the free upgrades. (I don't think he's bought NH, Dave)

So what are you griping about?

firestar12

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 23:26:51 »

Ya, Vstep put hundreds of hours into New horizons. Like Terry said, they might as well throw in a couple of extra features!

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 09:51:18 »

(I don't think he's bought NH, Dave)

No didn't, i have my reasons. But you people are telling me that the reflections etc. are in the 1.42 patch as well?
Because i have installed that patch and thrust, it aint contains the depth colors.

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 10:59:54 »

Where did you see something that said it would? I'm not sure what you think you should be getting that you don't get already.

It looks pretty good on my system, but I don't know how good your system is. Often when people complain about the colour of the water, it turns out that they have a sub-standard system or they have an incorrect setting.

Can you post a screenshot?

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:46:01 »

Where did you see something that said it would? I'm not sure what you think you should be getting that you don't get already.

It looks pretty good on my system, but I don't know how good your system is. Often when people complain about the colour of the water, it turns out that they have a sub-standard system or they have an incorrect setting.

Can you post a screenshot?

Not needed. I have a reasonable computer systeem, wich makes me play the game with all setting on maximum, and still have around 30 FPS.

But it is really true, that the 1.42 patch have those Depth colors?
Please confirm this, then i'm happy enough :)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 11:58:11 »

The changed indication of water depth and reflections is only referring to the Padstow environment. If you read the stuff introducing the New Horizons issue, you will see that it specifies Padstow only with the improvement. If you look at any other mission with calm waters, you will see perfect reflections showing.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 13:57:41 »

Edit: okay i know enough thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 16:42:53 by NiElS »

TerryRussell

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 17:10:57 »

Not needed. I have a reasonable computer systeem, wich makes me play the game with all setting on maximum, and still have around 30 FPS.

Glad you have your answer now.

But for info, people who have complained about the appearance of the sea have sometime sposted screen shots in which the water looked like milk or net curtains. They were also getting good frame rates. The problem was that their video card or the drivers weren't doing what was needed, but they were doing it rather speedily.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 19:48:37 »

Ah ok, thanks for that answer. I can post a screenshot, so you can decide if it looks normal.
Also, i'm ordering the addon tomorrow ;) The ''i have my reasons'' exuse had to do with money.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 19:58:11 »

Ah ok, thanks for that answer. I can post a screenshot, so you can decide if it looks normal.
Also, i'm ordering the addon tomorrow ;) The ''i have my reasons'' exuse had to do with money.

Yours looks better then mine already... (I have NH) but I can't use reflections since my gcard says no. :p

TerryRussell

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 20:13:38 »

That looks pretty good. You'll see the diffrence in Padstow, I should think.

Enjoy!

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 20:34:01 »

Okay, a offtopic question: After i saved a game, i can't click on ''start'' when i want to load it again.

And my specs aren't so high, my pc is 2 years old.

Intel Dual core 6400
3GB PC6400 DDR2
XFX 8800GTS 320mb XXX
XFX 680i LT SLI motherboard
OCZ 700 watt power supply, but its not behaving normally anymore :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines