Hello Guest September 18, 2024, 14:34:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instrument problem  (Read 2039 times)

elite

• Forum member
Instrument problem
« on: July 13, 2008, 14:37:30 »

I just bought ship simulator 2008 yesterday. Its great but when i use the ships helm view (if thats what its called) all the instruments shake like there about to fall off. Any one else have that problem. Any help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:36:27 by elite »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Instruemnt problem
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 14:41:15 »

yes i dont know what is is but at very close up they do shake abit

Penguin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 15:19:19 »

I can confirm shaking instruments especially on the hovercraft.
For me it's quite disturbing so I avoid to use the hovercraft although it is a nice, accurate modeled ship.
Shaking instruments already have been reported when the hovercraft has been released last year in September. But if I remember correctly not everybody is affected. Maybe something with the graphic card or the drivers, I don't know.
A board search should give some results.  :)     
CPU: Core2duo E6400 (2 x 2,13 GHz)
Grafik: 8600GT/512 RAM
RAM: 2 GB DDR II SD-RAM
VISTA

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 15:47:12 »

I too have the same problem. I just try not to look at them ;D. If you like to have the controlls on the bottom left of the screen, just walk outside the bridge and steer the ship there :).

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 16:37:44 »

Yes it is because the controls are individual meshes that are not part of the "main" ship structure. And they lag behind, in reality they are really just "floating" they are not attached to the ship physically.

elite

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 17:01:28 »

Yes it is because the controls are individual meshes that are not part of the "main" ship structure. And they lag behind, in reality they are really just "floating" they are not attached to the ship physically.

And is there any way to fix this?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 17:25:30 »

No it is the way the controls work, if it was "attached" they could have movement in them (such as levers moving when controls move and such)

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 19:32:34 »

The simple answer is: Get a better computer or graphics card.
A|A is correct in that the instruments are part of the controls layer and are drawn at a slightly different time than the static panel/interior layer. Depending upon the amount of ship motion and the speed with which the layers are drawn, there can be some jitter. It is only excessive in below spec systems.
Marty

elite

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 03:16:49 »

The simple answer is: Get a better computer or graphics card.
A|A is correct in that the instruments are part of the controls layer and are drawn at a slightly different time than the static panel/interior layer. Depending upon the amount of ship motion and the speed with which the layers are drawn, there can be some jitter. It is only excessive in below spec systems.
Marty

I have an ati hd 3650
2gigs of ddr2 ram
I dont think its my pc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines