Hello Guest June 26, 2024, 07:46:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Lan Multiplay  (Read 2185 times)

Reece

• Forum member
No Lan Multiplay
« on: June 19, 2008, 04:35:35 »

Hi, when I first posted on this forum I asked if this game had LAN Multiplay:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,7838.0.html
It seems it does not, ??? I try to select multiplay & asks for profile to be ticked for an on-line game, I don't want to play online though, only on Local Area Network, if it can be played on LAN could someone tell me how, this is the only reason I purchased it & I have ordered & paid for New Horizons as well! :'( :'( :'( :'(
Sub captains go down with their ship!

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: No Lan Multiplay
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:09:00 »

Why wouldn't you want to play on normal MP. Technically you can't have LAN, you can have a server that is for your network only though but it stil connects to the VSTEP servers. Why wouldn't you want online play...  ::)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 19:52:19 by Agent|Austin »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 10:00:13 »

firstly what is lan loop play as i have no idea

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:01:16 »

firstly what is lan loop play as i have no idea
It is on your local network so only people in your network (house) can play.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 10:02:52 »

oh thanks

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 13:35:33 »

Thanks for replying Agent Austin, Well one thing is I wish to play with a friend, He has a copy & lives quite a distance from me but pops in from time to time for a link up. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:48:01 by Reece »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 13:38:49 »

Hiya Reece :)

Have you checked the manual on the 'Local Only' settings?  An extract from the manual:

2.3.1 Local only
Local only servers will only be visible to players in the same local network. Players still need an internet connection to get the server list. This list will show the local server to the all players which are on the same local network. Players are in the same local network if the have the same external IP address. The server list will provide the local IP address of the server to the player. With the option “use external IP address” a player can use the external IP address of the server to connect to.  If a player can't get the info of a server from the server list, the player can connect manually to the server with IP address or computer name and port number.

With the link-up you mention, this should be possible :)

The best way to find out if you have the right setup, is to experiment ;)

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 13:59:35 »

Hi Carl, of course the old manual doesn't have multiplay! ::)  I have updated to 1.3 but the only pdf manual I have is for v1.1, don't know why, I checked in my Ghost backup that has v 1.4.2 installed but that also only has v 1.1, a mystery! :o  I will have to search for another one, could I ask where you got yours from? :) I remember seeing a server fix at the Lighthouse Interactive website, maybe I should get this.  It will be as you say, trial & error, Many thanks, my hopes have been raised again! :D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 14:01:14 »

Hiya Reece :)

My apologies, I was referring to the server manual, included with the server software ;)

If you need help setting-up your LAN game, please let me know.  This topic would need to be moved to Technical Support though ;)

Carl.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 14:06:59 »

Thanks a heap Carl! :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:48:35 by Reece »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 14:09:32 »

Always a pleasure :)

I presume that you're going to test things first, yes?  If you get stuck with anything. let me know ;)

I can post some information to help you now, if you want me to.  It will point you in the right direction if nothing else :)

Carl.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines