Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 02:29:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sim Acceleration  (Read 2280 times)

Simaddict

• Forum member
Sim Acceleration
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:49:26 »

Hi all,
I can never understand the wish to have time acceleration added to either Fs or Ship Sim or any simulator. We enjoy the Sims for a purposefull as real as it gets enviroment. Pilots cannot nor Ships Captains just push a button and increase the speed of time, they are stuck with real time. I find Time acceleration a Gimmick which is unreal and unnecessary. We buy our Sims as we Think they are and often find they are "AS REAL AS LIFE" within the constraints of software possibilities. I am not only an avid user of Ship Simulator, but also of Flight Simulator, and have never been tempted to you Time Acceleration. It just defeats the object of the previosly mention phrase As Real as it Gets. These care not Arcade Games but a representation of Real Life but in a Virtual World. And I prefer it to stay that way. Ok I am 75 years old, but I am in favour of change, but not to the point of changing the definition of SIMULATOR.
Anthony (Simaddict)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Sim Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:58:20 »

who was talking about time accelerstoin i have never seen it or herd about it

Simaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:06:58 »

Time acceleration is mentioned on the forum under a thread reference world wide travelling, and that i read this morning prior to posting the thread. I trust this will answer your point, and assure you I do not think these thing out of chance.
Anthony (Simaddict)

MrFlappy102

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 02:23:52 »

Well do we all have time to sit in front of our computers for a week while we sail across the Atlantic? Unless you are extremley lazy you don't, that's why time acceleration is a good thing.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:32:41 »

If a FULL WORLD map is engineered would you like to spend 7 weeks in front of your computer going across the Atlantic? Hit a button go really fast until your near land then go back to normal speed.

Simaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 07:56:37 »

I fully understand your reasoning, and agree with using it on long journeys, but my fear is like all other extras it will be misused, by that I mean Some will attempt to use it any time and race you to the harbour entrance, it is in retrospect a reasonable addition for long journeys, as long as misuse can be avoided, On flight simulator it has bee found that some will use it to get across an area where Air traffic Control is on line,
just to avoid it, where as this situation does not arise in Ship sim, some will attempt to miss use it in harbour areas. I was just pointing out That I have Never used it, but obviously it is a matter of personal choice, as to whether to use it.
Anthony (Simaddict)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:02:34 »

I fully understand your reasoning, and agree with using it on long journeys, but my fear is like all other extras it will be misused, by that I mean Some will attempt to use it any time and race you to the harbour entrance, it is in retrospect a reasonable addition for long journeys, as long as misuse can be avoided, On flight simulator it has bee found that some will use it to get across an area where Air traffic Control is on line,
just to avoid it, where as this situation does not arise in Ship sim, some will attempt to miss use it in harbour areas. I was just pointing out That I have Never used it, but obviously it is a matter of personal choice, as to whether to use it.
Maybe disable use in harbor areas?

Simaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:43:51 »

I think that Idea is good and Thank you Agent Austin for your Reply.
Anthony (Simaddict)

baldax

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 16:23:25 »

Well do we all have time to sit in front of our computers for a week while we sail across the Atlantic? Unless you are extremley lazy you don't, that's why time acceleration is a good thing.

thats the point i think...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines