Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 22:57:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OCEAN STAR  (Read 1877 times)

captain_martin101

• Forum member
OCEAN STAR
« on: April 09, 2008, 20:46:24 »

is it me or do YOU find the controls  on the ocean star very confusing. it would be useful if somone could post a video to me or somthing on youtube to help us work out the controls
thanks
martin

SirXpression

• Forum member
Re: OCEAN STAR
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 20:49:17 »

its quite simple...

you point the thrusts in the oposite way you want to turn...you put them to port if you want to go starboard and starboard if you want to go port....the bow thruster on it is also VERY strong...so you can push you bow in or out...
That Damn Scotsman

gzerovti

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 07:51:07 »

Yes but how do you increase or decrease the speed.

I agree the controls are very confusing. I can understand the movement of the pods for directional movement but for the moment how to increase/decrease speed alludes me?

Thanks

Terry
A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:48:42 »

Hello gzerovti,
If you use the search function, top right of your screen, you will be able to find a lot of info on this matter. However if you look at the picture below you will see, around the control, three coloured circles. The blue one controls steering, the brown one, astern speed & the green one, ahead speed. In the picture you can see that the starboard engine is running at 100% (full speed) ahead (180 degrees) If you click on the border line between green & brown you will stop the engine. moving into the green area increases ahead speed and into the brown area astern speed. Perhaps you will understand now. But do use the search function to find what you need,that is why it is there.

Angus.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:53:11 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

gzerovti

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 12:13:19 »

Thanks Traddles for your informative reply.

I had an idea that the different coloured rings controlled the speed. Now I know and will give it a try this weekend.

Thanks again.

Terry
A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner

raivo

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 16:04:42 »

The system is very simple, but some difficulties can be when navigating with mouse...
raivo, able seaman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines