Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 14:30:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six Free Add on ships & New Horizons Add-On ?  (Read 3350 times)

Timbo

• Forum member
Six Free Add on ships & New Horizons Add-On ?
« on: February 20, 2008, 22:23:11 »

Hi All and V Step,
                       First must say looking at the photo's of the add on with the new ships and Cornwall looks great,
another great add-on by v step.

The question is if you have the six free new ships from the have shipsim2006 and adddon2006
can you if you want buy the complete  New Horizons ADDON,will this work by reinstalling the ships
or will it know not to install them?? hope you know what i mean.

The reason is would like a hard copy and repay v-step for all there hard work as they cannot
keep giving free stuff away,know we would like it but not when the have a business to run.

Know some people might not agree will me on the forums but hope they will understand,
have peordered the addon 2008 from

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=PC&searchstring=ship+simulator&page=search&pa=search&go.x=61&go.y=14

they were sold out of shipsim2008 but having just looked they must have had a delivery.

Hope V-Step can answer this please as we know that you read what your customers have to say.

Cheers Timbo  :) :) Also shipsim can only go forwards

Ship Sim

Re: Six Free Add on ships & New Horizons Add-On ?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:00:30 »

The release date is 21/03/2008?! I thought they said it was going to be released in the next two weeks??? :-\

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 07:59:28 »

Hiya Timbo,

You should have no problems installing the New Horizons Addon right on top of the game that allready has the 6 SS06 Addon vessels in it!

If people don't understand or disagree then I suggest they keep quiet about it, as I applaude your attitude towards this coming addon!  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member

Shipwreck

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:26 »

yep placed my order last night :0

Timbo: once you get your copy you should be able just to put the CD in and follow the install , it shouldent change anything , it may overwrite a few of the new (shipsim 2006 addon for 2008 thing) but if they do that they prob only do it to make the ship better (dont take my word as i dont know that is just my opinion). But overall it should just go straight on
Developer

Captain Picard

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 16:55:24 »

If people don't understand or disagree then I suggest they keep quiet about it, as I applaude your attitude towards this coming addon!  ;)

I dont have any problem whatsover for paying for new content. That is only fair and right. However I may be wrong but it looks like 6 of the 8 new ships will be ones I have already bought in the 2006 add on? Fair enough if they have totally re-vamped these ships then I stand corrected. If though they are just the same as the 2006 ships so then I will be paying twice for the same ships will I not? There really should be an option to upgrade to the New Horizons add-on if you already own the 2006 add on for a reduced price to cover the cost of Cornwall, the new tug and the pushboat?

Dom

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 17:08:54 »

Will you be able to download the bug fixes for free and seperate from the patch?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 19:39:08 »

Will you be able to download the bug fixes for free and seperate from the patch?
Bug fixing is a patch...

Dom

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 22:51:53 »

Bug fixing is a patch...

Shouldn't that be free though?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 09:00:16 »

I dont have any problem whatsover for paying for new content. That is only fair and right. However I may be wrong but it looks like 6 of the 8 new ships will be ones I have already bought in the 2006 add on? Fair enough if they have totally re-vamped these ships then I stand corrected. If though they are just the same as the 2006 ships so then I will be paying twice for the same ships will I not? There really should be an option to upgrade to the New Horizons add-on if you already own the 2006 add on for a reduced price to cover the cost of Cornwall, the new tug and the pushboat?

It's all explained in the official announcements..

If you have the SS06 addon, then the 6 ships will be upgraded for free..
Then you can buy the 2 new ships and new environment as single addons in April to complement your collection.

So you dont have to buy the new horizons pack and pay twice for those 6 that you allready have.You just buy the stuff you don't have allready.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 09:01:34 »

The Addon is not a patch, it's an addon. :)

The patches (with bug fixes) are always free.

These are two seperate things. So soon there will be an Addon released. And seperate from that, a patch aswell. Addon=payware, Patch=freeware.

Regards,
Fred

Captain Picard

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 19:31:19 »

So you dont have to buy the new horizons pack and pay twice for those 6 that you allready have.You just buy the stuff you don't have allready.  ;)

Unfortunately I have not read all of the official announcements so I must have missed that. Is there a date set in April when we can download the updates? Anyway that is very good news and it is good to see Vstep looking after their loyal customers! I am very much looking forward to the upgraded Ocean Star as I think there are a lot of fans of the big cruise ships that would appreciate that. Perhaps one day we will see another cruise ship to join the fleet!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 23:21:24 »

Hi Jean-Luc! :)

There is no date set yet for those single addons in April, but I suspect that it wouldn't be too long after the release of the addon.

More news will follow when VSTEP has some concrete info. Keep an eye on the official announcements and the website.  ;D

Regards,
Fred

Dustybin

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:50 »

Hi all,
I have said before that the addon should be free, I have come and changed my mind. The members who say that Vstep has a lot of overheads and such like I agree with and SS is a very engaging simulation. I am waiting for the release on download as it was by pure fluk that I found SS2006 in Game, and they told me when 2008 was released that they have never heard of it.
So the extra ships are not all new, this I think will be a good thing, my reason for sayin this is that the gang developing the addon I hope will have completely rewrote the software for the ships and deepened Portsmouth harbour to take the PoR. Another thing is why has Germany got it already(and they have found a bug in it) and the rest of us wait(with tongues dragging the dirt)?
Someone please put me out of my misery and give the full extent of the addon. i.e. Scenery, ships and any other improvements.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 11:59:57 »

Another thing is why has Germany got it already(and they have found a bug in it) and the rest of us wait(with tongues dragging the dirt)?

Hi Dustybin :)

After the 'gold' status of the add-on it's out of VSTEP's hands. The publisher Lighthouse is the one responsible for marketing and launch in UK/Scandinavia. They probably know the reasons for the release date.

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/contact

In Germany there is another publisher. That publisher has chosen another release date. It's as simple as that.  :)

Regards
groennegaard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines