Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:40:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man overboard!!  (Read 2188 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Man overboard!!
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:28:41 »

Hi,

I was walking around on the Agile Solution and wanted to see if a certain ladder could be climbed. It didn't look like it but oh well, I gave it a go.

It is the small ladder on the right of the main one in this picture:

When I tried, I only came halfway up, but then I went overboard. I think it was a wave, as waves don't seem to notice the hull and come straight into the model. And when you are standing in a spot where the waves come up, you go up with it.

Here you can see me, lying in the sea, as the Agile Solution sails on, unaware of my predicement.   :P

I seemed to drift away rather fast.

You may notice the camera angle being much lower than the normal external cam, plus the fact that the verssel is not centered in the shot. So it's not made up, I am in the water.

I didn't know you could fall overboard at all, even though it's not really like lying in the sea, I reckon more like the camera went out of the model. (As turning with the mouse would rotate the view further from the ship, as I noticed after having a laugh)

Fred

Third Mate

• Forum member
Re: Man overboard!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:40:03 »

wow, you got my attention.There are two reasons.

1. Is this SS08?
2. Is so could this be a addon ship? :-X beacuse it is very detailed, also i would really like to include it into my SS08. :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:45:33 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:06:12 »

Hi.

1. Yes it is SS2008
2. Yes, it is the "Agile Solution" as found in the SS2006 AND SS2008 Addon

If you own the SS2006 Addon then this 2008 version will be available as a download for free.
If you do not own the SS2006 Addon then you will have to be patient a bit longer, because the addon is not complete yet. The missions are not in it yet, just the ship. Once the rest is done, 2006 Addon owners will get the additional stuff for free too and then the complete Addon will also be available for purchase for those who do not own the 2006 version.

The official announcement about this is here:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3052.0.html

Agile Solution:

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:46:36 »

Those cranes at the harbor are massive. I have seen other big differences in dimensions and scales when it comes to this game.  I wonder if the ones who make this game even think of dimensions and realistic scales at all… ???

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:10 »

You mean they are too big?

Nah, it just looks a bit like it due to the fisheye perspective in this shot I think. Or however you'd call that.
Plus that ship isn't exactly super huge either.

I wonder if the ones who make this game even think of dimensions and realistic scales at all… ???

I think the dimensions will be pretty good, since they only have to know how big something is in real life and apply the same scale dimensions to it. And I reckon the specs on the ships and cranes can be looked up rather easily.

And if they don't know the dimensions IRL, they could go out and measure them. As they are based in, or very near, Rotterdam Harbour if I'm not mistaken.  :D

Fred
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:08:04 by Mad_Fred »

Kaj1

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 08:16:01 »

Those cranes at the harbor are massive. I have seen other big differences in dimensions and scales when it comes to this game.  I wonder if the ones who make this game even think of dimensions and realistic scales at all… ???

Why don't you go out and measure them yourself  ;D

I can assure you they are all in the right scale ;)

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 09:15:06 »

I have a question relationg to this add-on.

In order to get this addon do you have to buy the add-on for SS06 and install it on SS08 or will there be made a seperate add-on for SS08 from previous 06 one ?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:57:46 »

Check this topic:  http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3052.0.html

No you do not install the 2006 version into SS2008.

If you have the SS2006 addon, you can download the 2008 version for free, if not, wait a while till it is completely done and you can purchase it from VSTEP. (the download version we had is not the complete pack yet)

Fred
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:59:17 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines