Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:39:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: does the ship sinks realistic?  (Read 6345 times)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
Re: does the ship sinks realistic?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 18:42:22 »

Sorry, I meant beaching a ship doesn't work in SS2008.

You may just made a very good suggestion here - how about adding a floating barge with lifting gear so that it would be possible to play a salvage mission?

Say, a small vessel has been beached to prevent sinking. You bring over a floating lifting gear and lift the beached boat onto a barge. Not in SS2008 but maybe in a future Ship Simulator release?

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Kmetzman

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 20:29:12 »

Being a tugboat man myself, I would LOVE to see more bargework and more realistic and classic tugboats, like the ones seen in NYC today. The tugs in SS08 are underpowered and styled like tugs I have never seen before.

Shifting oil barges is the main maritime activity in NY Harbor today, and doing such operations requires a lot of seamanship and boathandling skills. Putting a tug in the notch with pushgear, towing it, or putting it on the hip and transporting it between NJ and NY terminals would be a really nice challenge.
"The sea is selective; slow in recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit."

trust

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 20:09:42 »

maby if water came flooding in the compartments and glass shattead and fire and explosions erupded and the ship split in half and people went every where it might be cool

mvsmith

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 20:44:33 »

Unfortunately, attempting to tow on the hip in this sim usually results in sinking the tug.
I’d like to see some classic “Little Toot” style tugs.  They are seldom if ever seen in Europe, so they are near the bottom of the long list of tug requests.
It’s too bad there are no tugs, or barges, suitable for New York operations. NY is probably one of the most interesting and challenging places for that kind of work because of the currents and tides.
I’d even like to see one of the side-wheel steam towboats that worked the Hudson in the 1800s.
Regards,
Marty

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 21:38:31 »

maby if water came flooding in the compartments and glass shattead and fire and explosions erupded and the ship split in half and people went every where it might be cool

I think you're on the wrong forum, you're thinking of Silent Hunter.. Explosions, Splitting ship in half, people/corpses flying everywhere would be cool?  That's sick. This is "Ship Simulator", not "Horrible Bloody Nautical Disaster Simulator" !!

Fred

Kmetzman

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 21:56:32 »

The types of tugs I pasted into the previous page of this discussion I have only seen in the United States or long ago in the Panama Canal zone.

The type in SS06 and SS08 I have never really seen before.
"The sea is selective; slow in recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit."

chase 123

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 18:17:29 »

some ships do have A BIT OF A SLANT TO THEM WHEN THEY SINK. i sunk the ocean star, and it slanted.

mvsmith

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 19:54:48 »

Latitude goes down by the bow and behaves close to how Titanic went down.
At least she used to, I haven’t tried Disaster near Bergen since I updated to 1,3
Marty

kc2rxo

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 19:16:50 »

I would love to see the Titanic go down prototypicaly. Head first.

I've tried 4 times. Either she dont sink at all or she sinks flat. Drives me nuts.

Cheers,
Adam

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 03:41:11 »

Some people saw a screen shot of the Titanic sinking and asked how "he" got it in a sloped position.

I can safly say that you can do it by running aground on a slanted piece of land.
or...
by hitting something that makes your bow or stern lift out of the water (ramp, bridge, boat, pylon)

I have to say the Titanic shots were cool 8)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines