Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 20:29:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate rudders keyboard controls Red Jet  (Read 2314 times)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
Separate rudders keyboard controls Red Jet
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:53 »

When trying to remap the ship controls to the keyboard, I had the same difficulties as in this thread, meaning probably it was not corrected, and I don't yet know if it is acknowledged or if it is only a problem with my keyboard.
That question concerns the Red Jet.
No key assigned to the reset of any separate rudder seems to work, although it works for the combined. It is not a major problem, but it is annoying that it came back with patch 1.3.

Then, everyone knows that Engine 1 is the port engine, and 2 starboard (contrary to conventions).  Nevertheless, on the information bar, Engine 1 is on the left and it rightly indicates the port engine.
Oddly enough, Rudder 1 (although on the left of the screen) is the starboard rudder, and Rudder 2 is the port one. That is NOT user friendly...   >:(
Positive is the fact that the numbers are the same in the tab of the ship controls, but very   :-[ unfortunate that it doesn't correspond to those in the information bar.

I am wondering if anyone ever observed these bugs (or ever used the separate rudders with the keyboard, in a not theoretical way).
Regards,
Luc
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:28:02 by LucAtC »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: Separate rudders keyboard controls Red Jet
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:26:19 »

Hi Luc,

this is a bug, which is fixed until now. Guess you have to wait until the next patch will come... :-\

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines