Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:42:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: more ships - more professions  (Read 2354 times)

Grasort

• Forum member
more ships - more professions
« on: November 18, 2007, 19:06:30 »

I was watching "Deadliest Catch" on Discovery-channel - I thought; why not ad fishing boats to ship simulator 2008. And what about the Calypso of capt. Cousteau and be able to dive and use the Calypso's equipment? There is the Titanic in the simulator as well.
And what about icebreakers? And bouytenders? And have some more interactive electronical equipment one can use in the simulator? Get radiomessages from harbourcontrol, they could give you new assignments or tell you where to dock, or to wait until an other ship has passed, radarcontrol can warn you about aproaching vessels - like in the real, that idea - What about locks? - Ok, I just had some additional ideas...

I own a 30 meter, 168 ton, seagoing icebreaker-bouytender myself - ...would be nice to try some other such alike in the ship simulator.

8)

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: more ships - more professions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 19:29:26 »

Hi Grasort,

a few fine ideas! I loved the old wooden CALYPSO too! Well, for all your ideas around the radar and radio guided control we need players with not so much fun under their skin. Guess, the multiplayer would be great for those, who want's to play a realistic game. But if I could be one of the pilots at the radar screen, I used to ban all the crowds how make races or other weird things at every international see way I#ve been looking for ;D  ;D  ;D

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 20:21:02 »

Greetings,
Calypso,was on the old forum to,i've putted it there.
This is one of the nice vessels to.
Marc

This is how she looks today.Berthed in La Rochelle(Fr)
N

Voics

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:05:12 »

Underwater aspect I don't agree with. Icebreaking I'd love to see but it'd need a whole new physics model. Still, if we keep it on VSTEP's radar (:D) we may one day get it. I'd put fishing in the same basket (:D  :D), i.e. 'too hard for now'.

But we do need more activities, especially around the harbour. Like buoy maintenance, what does that involve?

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:36:30 »

Hello Voics,
Agree with you,i was just talking about differenent models,more in the line for the multiplayer-mode.
a bouytender would be fine,to go to a bouy,lift with the crane the bouy out of the water,maintain it,and put it back.
I think that's a huge thing for the game,however wishfull thinking is allowed.We realy have to waith what the future brings.
Marc
N

Voics

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 08:51:00 »

Marc, that sounds like it should be in-game. Together with anchor placement and collection, refuelling and a few other simpler things.

Nothing wrong with the ambitious ideas either - I have the feeling one day VSTEP will have to bite the bullet and model some things from scratch - so the wish list will come in handy. Ice breaking would be excellent for multiplayer.

I think a lot more can be done with cranes, make on-board cranes operational and allow full loading/unloading of all container vessels.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 09:02:50 »

Greetings,
I see you would like to have a full loading/unloading a container-vessel,well nothing's wrong with that by itself.However,if you get to the size of the "Vermaas",that will take some day's to load or unload.
What i do think is,if you put just some deckcargo on some cargo vessels,like the Agile sollusion and maybe some more models of this size.That can be very nice to do.
I realy agree,the ships cranes should be working,to put the missions more real,example,put a tender over the side to go with that tender to a spot were you can continue the mission.
Harbour cranes,should be working,also on every quay,moorings(bollards).Than you could moor the vessel on every spot in the harbour.
Would n't that be fine?
Marc
N

Brian Walker

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 10:55:30 »

Fully agree about the fishing boat idea as i have already requested in another post.  It means, however, to make it realistic, figures of crew trying to pull in the nets etc.  And radio interaction is another brilliant way of bringing things to life as most other sims have demonstrated.  I wonder where the balance comes as regards processor speed and memory though.  Perhaps peeps on  limited budgets with modest computors will be frozen out in the end if the game gets too hungry.  I think as long as the programmers are honest about their particular add on memory requirements, the would be buyer could decide whether it would be viable to go ahead or not.  How many games have i bought in the past on the strength of the specs on the box, only to find when opening it up that the real requirements are beyond my computor?.  Very annoying, as the 'minimum' spec often only quoted on the box invariably means 'It aint going to run if that's all you've got' *sigh!*.  Ship Simulator apparently should not run on my computor, yet it does so using half the ram quoted for vista use and slightly under the 2.4 gigs processor.  So, well done! 'Lighthouse'. Regards all, Brian

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 11:33:03 »

I don't think that this game need more ships. It needs better physics, realism and game play. It already have very good graphics compared to other games even if I see better water shading in the Crysis game (yeah.. thats some really heavy water they have in that game ;D)
The last I want to see when it comes to the graphics part is DX10 graphics. But this isn't really important. It's the game play that makes ship simulator into a better simulator if this game is going to get better reviews.

I have been reading many reviews at major game sites etc. Many of these reviews is focusing on realism and physics which i really important for a simulator than it would be for other games.

At the largest Norwegian game site called "Gamer.no" they write "passive gameplay" for this game. They gave the game a score of 5/10. If we are going to get professions then it should be harder to get these professions.

wolfpack

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 20:35:50 »

Hello ,

I have also few suggestion for the future new version of Ship Simulator.So the first all ships must have the mast with all navigational equipments: radars, sat antena,radio antena) this very nice container mother ship and ferry for the moment are without this equipment only what I see this equipment is fitted on the catamaran red jet.Also must be option to make radar ARPA data CPA,BRG,TCPA, this is most important for good navigation.Entrance to the harbour must be with lighthouse. For my opinion we need more different ships bulk, some warship,car carrier,multi porporse,and of corse container ships but with logo from the owner company :CMA CGM, HAMBURG SUD, MSC, MAERSK SEALAND and ctr.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 21:17:25 »

Greetings Wolfpack,
All good idea's,exept this

container ships but with logo from the owner company :CMA CGM, HAMBURG SUD, MSC, MAERSK SEALAND and ctr.

This is not possible without the company's permission.
Regards
Marc
N

Grasort

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 01:43:40 »

Greetings Wolfpack,
All good idea's,exept this

container ships but with logo from the owner company :CMA CGM, HAMBURG SUD, MSC, MAERSK SEALAND and ctr.

This is not possible without the company's permission.
Regards
Marc

Greetings
All interesting idea's indeed - than maybe; what about adding this to the possible next simulator; (please, see pictures) ? It is not just having a ship dock, but also sail into a cramped space, with risk sailing into other ships, or hit the lock's doors. And sailing out together with other ships would be interesting too - maybe. It's just another idea.

Thanks for the game
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines