Hello Guest June 23, 2024, 02:54:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bow Waves & Rain Effects  (Read 2553 times)

Lifeboat

• Forum member
Bow Waves & Rain Effects
« on: October 26, 2007, 09:36:47 »

Hi,

Not the usual thread about 'i cant see my bow waves' but something else. I cant find a thread with referance to this, so i will start a new one.

Prior to the last patch update (not the 06 ship add on), i had nice more realistic bow waves on my vessels, espeically in big sea's, but now they are gone, and no matter what i do with the settings, the bow waves stay small. (Images included as examples)

If Vstep could answer i would be very grateful, how can we rectify this? Are Vstep going to release a patch to correct this?

The bow waves are very important to making this a simulator & not just a game. without feature's like this, the sim just becomes a game.

Also, the rain effect problem, whenever it rains, the rain always stops at the horizon, is this going to be fixed at any point? It really does ruin a storm!

Thanks in advance for any answers! :)
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

J.Ham

• Forum member
Re: Bow Waves & Rain Effects
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 14:01:44 »

Prior to the last patch update (not the 06 ship add on), i had nice more realistic bow waves on my vessels, espeically in big sea's, but now they are gone, and no matter what i do with the settings, the bow waves stay small. (Images included as examples)

If Vstep could answer i would be very grateful, how can we rectify this? Are Vstep going to release a patch to correct this?

The bow waves are very important to making this a simulator & not just a game. without feature's like this, the sim just becomes a game.

Also, the rain effect problem, whenever it rains, the rain always stops at the horizon, is this going to be fixed at any point? It really does ruin a storm!

Yes I also would like to know that.
Regards: J.E 
 Quadcore i7 2.93ghz. GF460gtx windows7 64bit 8gig ram

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 21:40:50 »

Interesting... I've never seen the waves as high as the pictures you have shown.

I wonder (guess) if this is down to the computer selecting grphics quality and the patch is putting more pressure on the computer, so it draws less?

ONLY a guess

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Quen

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 23:40:35 »

dont forget you have grathic settings as well as ss setings and also shared mem with outher programs just a thought what mem you got coz i got no probs
Id love to work on boats

J.Ham

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 01:48:47 »

the patch is putting more pressure on the computer, so it draws less?
I think that is the case, i updated my system last night with an GF8800gts grafic card and the framerates are twice as much as bevore.
The bowwaves are somewhat improved.

System: dualcore E6600, 2048md memory, GF 8800GTS

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 20:17:50 »

I think that is the case, i updated my system last night with an GF8800gts grafic card and the framerates are twice as much as bevore.
The bowwaves are somewhat improved.

System: dualcore E6600, 2048md memory, GF 8800GTS

What is your FPS with GF8800? I got the same CPU and RAM as you only a older GeForce 6600 GT. I want to upgrade to GF8800 someday so I'm quite curious ;D

J.Ham

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 22:30:35 »

Framerate in harbour: 20-25
Framerate on open sea: 45-60

it was 15 in harbour and 30 on sea with a GF7900GT
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 22:34:35 by J.Ham »

fredje200

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 13:23:58 »

I have a little problem with my ship on the waves :

As im moving with my ship, It likes my ship is sinking, I mean with this "The ship dont moves correctly on the waves" In the movies i seen the ship moves correctly please help me with this problem

fredje.
Peace for everyone !

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 13:31:51 »

I have a little problem with my ship on the waves :

As im moving with my ship, It likes my ship is sinking, I mean with this "The ship dont moves correctly on the waves" In the movies i seen the ship moves correctly please help me with this problem

fredje.

Hiya fredje200 :)

Any technical problems with Ship Simulator must be posted in the relevant Technical Support board :)

The Ship Simulator 2008 Technical Support board, is here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

Please note: Any members wishing to access this area, you need to register your Ship Simulator 2008 licence key into your forum profile.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

fredje200

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 13:34:35 »

Hiya fredje200 :)

Any technical problems with Ship Simulator must be posted in the relevant Technical Support board :)

The Ship Simulator 2008 Technical Support board, is here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

Please note: Any members wishing to access this area, you need to register your Ship Simulator 2008 licence key into your forum profile.

Regards.

DJM.
I already registered my Licence key , but i go look on that link now :)
Peace for everyone !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines