Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 05:09:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you wish to have advanced Sound Effects in SS08

Yes
No
Maybe
Don't Care

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Effects  (Read 2578 times)

COBERA

Sound Effects
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:36 »

Hi all ;D

I was just wondering will there be any sound effects in Ship Simulator 2008.

When i say sound effects (SFX) I don't mean birds chirping or the sound of the engine, i mean creaks and groans.

For example,

Your sailing in rough seas and when your ship goes over the top of one wave the ship structure, creaks and groans as it slams into the next wave.

In fact have your say in the poll.

Would you like advanced sound effects (SFX) in Ship sim 2008

Sincerely,

COBERA ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 01:37:45 by COBERA »

andy_m

• Forum member
Re: Sound Effects
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 02:07:12 »

Yes most definately.
For example when in bridge view and you are in a vessel small enough for the bridge area to be close to the waterline there should be the rushing of water SFX you hear when inside a ship/boat as well as the afformentioned creaks, groans and thuds when large waves smash against the hull.
Regards,
Andy
Why is the Rum ALWAYS gone?

COBERA

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 02:43:36 »

Completely Agree Andy :D,

Will add the the realism I believe.

Hope VStep consider this in the final touches of the Ship Sim.

Sincerely,

COBERA ::)

Britannic

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:16:48 »

yes- it would add great realism to the sound and overall experiance. maybe even use EAX. Its a type of sound that most modern sound cards utilize and it works out what sort of sound you need depending on where you are.

Ie: sailing through a tunnel with the tug: the engine would be vibrated and reverbed in just the right amount to give realism and depth to it. Many games already incorporate this. I.e, Need for speed, Colin mcrae rally 04...I know theyr'e both car games, but surely ss could use it?

But, only a suggestion- otherwise, the xtra SFX idea would be a very wise addition, especialy in the smaller ships.  :)
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 12:50:03 »

yes- it would add great realism to the sound and overall experiance. maybe even use EAX. Its a type of sound that most modern sound cards utilize and it works out what sort of sound you need depending on where you are.

Ie: sailing through a tunnel with the tug: the engine would be vibrated and reverbed in just the right amount to give realism and depth to it. Many games already incorporate this. I.e, Need for speed, Colin mcrae rally 04...I know theyr'e both car games, but surely ss could use it?

But, only a suggestion- otherwise, the xtra SFX idea would be a very wise addition, especialy in the smaller ships.  :)

If SS08 is released on time (IF) then it is a month away. I wouldn't go hoping for any major changes at the moment, but yes it would be a good idea.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 20:29:20 »

I voted "maybe" but i ment "yes" i didn't read your post first :P KM

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 12:06:40 »

Yes without a doubt!

For example when in bridge view there should be the rushing of water SFX you hear when inside a ship/boat as well as the afformentioned creaks, groans and thuds when large waves smash against the hull.

Well we've got the splashing in SS08 but not the creaks and groans, I'd like to see these SFX added in a later patch. Adds further realism.

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse

The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 05:52:53 »

Yes, defenetly.I agree alot to improve the sound effects. :D.I will be looking forward to this.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 14:23:27 »

The startup sound for a engine in Ship Simulator 2008 should be better than just mute and increase of volume because that's what the game engine does when you shut of the engine and start it.
Second you would not only hear that type of sound when starting a engine on board on Vermaas for example.

Maybe this can be more realistic when large ships have engine room available.

A small diesel engine on a boat will also have a different sound when you start it than what it have when it's running normal. :) I'm just stating that the engine sounds in SS2008 i still all to simple. ;)

Neelix79

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 10:02:46 »

Dont care... After all i'm Deaf :-p
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines