Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 03:12:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New computer  (Read 1545 times)

FREDMD2000

• Forum member
New computer
« on: October 15, 2007, 23:13:37 »

After struggling with the graphics on SS08 for about 3 months, I finally decided to upgrade to a new video card.  That required a new power supply.  To make a long story short, I fried my old computer trying to get a good game going here and wound up getting a new machine with much better graphics.  I can't believe what I have been missing.  The game is great with the new machine.  Vstep is to be congratulated for this game, it is the best ever sim!

Alex201

• Forum member
Re: New computer
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 23:26:22 »

For shipsim a new computer is truly worth it! I'm lucky my 4 year old pc still meets the requirements (after upgrading graphic card several times and added more ram). ;D

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: New computer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:43:07 »

Greetings,
Alex,i totaly agrre with you,it is worth to buy a new computer for this game(if all other options are worn out).
I have an old computer,now on the outside.The inside is all new stuff,new motherboard,power suply(400 watts)new graphic-card.
Before the game2006 came out,my old system was strong enough.Afther the release of the game,soon i founded out that this was no longer true.Now with my new stuff,it works.I mean everything works better,not only the game.
Would i change again(if needed)YES,YES,YES.
Regards
Marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines