Hello Guest September 23, 2024, 16:35:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ferry ramps  (Read 2077 times)

taff

• Forum member
ferry ramps
« on: January 20, 2013, 00:27:27 »

Get to first waypoint on ferry mission, moor, but how do you lower ramps? thanks.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: ferry ramps
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 10:19:07 »

Hi
The box shown in pic is for raising lowering ramps /doors
                                                                            Eric

pusser_uk

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 15:38:21 »

Thats interesting. I found this answer in the manual eventually but also found that the switches didn't work for me. I am going to try it again and see if the issue has resolved for me. Even without using the switches to raise and lower the ramps, traffic still leaves and boards my ferries, albeit at very slow speed. They just drive straight through the ramps.  :D

I just loaded up SSE and started the Goat Island Ferry mission. The switches did not lower the ramps at all and the traffic just drove calmly, and slowly through the ramps onto the ferry. Perhaps its a memory issue in that my computer, although it runs SSE well, is on the edge.  ???
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 16:27:41 by pusser_uk »
/\/\ike

pusser_uk

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:12:30 »

So, does anyone actually have the ferry ramps to work?
/\/\ike

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 17:52:55 »

Hi pusser_uk,
Many players find no problem with the ferry ramps & doors. I attach a picture showing "White Marlin" with the port ramp down & the port door open. Starb'd ones remain closed. The blue button raises the doors and the yellow one lowers them. The ramp controls are clearly marked "up & down". If you are unable to get them to operate, it might be worth re-installing the Ferry DLC as you may have a poor installation. ::) They will of course not operate if the ferry is underway, but I feel sure you know that anyway.

Regards,
Angus
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 17:57:27 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

pedroii

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 13:50:34 »

Hello, just to add to Traddles, when the pointer is over either the slider, or the 'up' & 'down' buttons, the respective functions will happen, but only if the pointer brings up a white dot; ie., slide the right ramp by holding LMB (left mouse button) down as you slide the toggle. When it is down, move the pointer to the blue button & hold the LMB while the roller door goes up. The reverse order is the yellow button to lower, then slide the toggle up. If the dot under the pointer is red, then you are restricted from using that function.
Kind regards,
Oiler
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines