Hello Guest June 21, 2024, 07:05:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Query re: Ship Simulator Extremes: Free Customs Vessel DLC!  (Read 1639 times)

MonArchangel

• Forum member
Query re: Ship Simulator Extremes: Free Customs Vessel DLC!
« on: September 07, 2012, 19:35:34 »

HI,

I would like to ask about the above mentioned DLC.

I have just purchased the Ship Simulator Extreme game (yesterday) with all available downloadable content directly from Steam.

It is some 24 hours later and the update for the above content has not yet been installed.

My questions are:

1. Should I expect it to be installed since I purchased the product after the new DLC launch date?
2. If the expectation in question 1 is upheld, who is the right group, person that I can redirect my query to so that I can acquire this update?

Thanks in advance.

KamourLaska

• Forum member
Re: Query re: Ship Simulator Extremes: Free Customs Vessel DLC!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 19:32:23 »

''HI,

I would like to ask about the above mentioned DLC.

I have just purchased the Ship Simulator Extreme game (yesterday) with all available downloadable content directly from Steam.

It is some 24 hours later and the update for the above content has not yet been installed.

My questions are:

1. Should I expect it to be installed since I purchased the product after the new DLC launch date?
2. If the expectation in question 1 is upheld, who is the right group, person that I can redirect my query to so that I can acquire this update?''

1. Yes you can expect the update to be completed as it takes time to transfer data from the Download link to the STEAM store and library/

2. If you own STEAM it will automatically update AFTER
I like ships.
Ships like me.

-[Official Captain of the M.S Oceana]-

!!!I LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS!!!

KamourLaska

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 19:33:04 »

In other words: Just wait for the data transfer to be complete.  ;)
I like ships.
Ships like me.

-[Official Captain of the M.S Oceana]-

!!!I LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS!!!

MonArchangel

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 23:14:01 »

In other words: Just wait for the data transfer to be complete.  ;)

I raised my query well after the data transfer had completed. If you read my original note it was already more than 24 hours after my initial installation when I raised the question.

I found a solution though, as no automatic update did take place. It turned out to be simple and obvious after all of that.

When you right click your games in the library and select 'properties' from the context menu, once the Properties dialogue box has drawn itself, you then select the 'Local Files' tab and then click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button and after a little bit of a wait the application detects errors and downloads fixes including the missing update I asked about.

I probably should have posted this observation earlier.

Thanks for everyone's notes though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines