Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:25:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheelhouse clocks  (Read 1708 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Wheelhouse clocks
« on: October 16, 2007, 20:10:43 »

I have noticed that in the wheelhouse of "North Star" & "Agile Solution" the clocks on the for'd bulkhead really tell the current time!!! ;D How do the folks at VStep do it? I think that for realism the team deserve a huge thank you from us players. When at the helm I can keep an eye on the clock to see if my relief is on time!!!! :P Also it is very handy to know how long the game has been in progress without using the "Info" panel.
I've not checked all the ships to see if this is present in them all, but some do not have wheelhouse clocks as I recall. Once again full marks to all at VStep. :-*
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

fletcher

• Forum member
Re: Wheelhouse clocks
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 20:27:55 »

I noticed that too! Just one more thing that makes it a real sim, and not simply a video game.  ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 05:49:38 »

Well I don't think that's that hard at all. After all, the mission time is known.

If you can display it in the info panel, then you can also display it on a clock. Just a matter of making the clock model (which is peanuts compaired to most of the models in the game) and coding the hands.

But yeah, it's a really nice detail for sure. Maybe it would help me if they'd let me set it to real world time. So I wont keep missing my appointments  ;D

Fred

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:44:21 »

Greetings,
Well,i have to check on that,but it's like you said a great improvement.
Regards
Marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines