Hello Guest September 23, 2024, 12:19:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sold games vs. forum members  (Read 1837 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
Sold games vs. forum members
« on: March 08, 2012, 19:45:06 »

There is one thing I have thought little about. Vstep said that there was about 500 000 copies of SS2006 and SS2008. Then there is the sale of Ship Simulator Extreme. The Forum have 65 201 members.

To be able to use all features in the game you have to be registered at the Forum. Some members have all three games, but even if all members have all three so is it still less then half of the sold copies.

There is something wich seems to be wrong. If it is so many copies sold, so is about 70% only using what you get from the disc or download. That seems a bit strange for, but it can for sure be that I have missed something. Of cource so is there some who have deleted there membership cause they do not use their game any more, but how many do that? Something in this is not right I think.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

zilverenmist

• Forum member
Re: Sold games vs. forum members
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:40:25 »

read this if you have some spare time: http://www.vstep.nl/about/milestones.php

larsdehaan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:19:22 »

The Ship Simulator games reach the 600.000 copies sold mark

I qouted it becuase he obviously doenst have time,
And not everybody WILL register.
just drop it V-step isnt lieing

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 21:13:49 »

I qouted it becuase he obviously doenst have time,

Is it me who do not have time?
If it is, I do not understand where that conclusion is coming from. I have a lot of time. I am a disbility pensionist, cause I got injured 2004 in an accident, so time is a thing I am rich on, hehe.

And not everybody WILL register.
just drop it V-step isnt lieing

I have not said that Vstep is lieing, just wonder why so few have register. May Vstep them self have some idea of why so few have regiestered their copy. May they have not been clear enough about it?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 21:25:25 »

Couple of points here:
That 600,000 copies sold includes SS06,SS08 and SSE. I'm going to put my neck out and say that the 600,000 copies sold also includes addons aswell. You didn't have to register your copy of SS06, although if you did then you got your high scores tracked. The same can be said for SS08, although if you registerd you also had access to MP.

And don't forget that most people who ALREADY HAVE A ACCOUNT ON THE FORUM have got more than 1 title in the series. I personally own SS06, SS08 and SS08CE, and SSE.

STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines