Hello Guest June 17, 2024, 13:48:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 1230 times)

steamersam

• Forum member
Is it just me?
« on: February 26, 2012, 21:22:09 »

Is it just me or is SSE an unplayable insult of a game?  To add insult to injury, Steam is just as bad, it seems as though the whole website and download system is tragically flawed to the point that it is near impossible to do anything...

Can't access the steam forum from the steam account, customer support takes over a week to answer each question and their answers are often vague and unhelpful to say the least, links that go nowhere and no telephone support. Most of the missions in the game are glitchy and impossible to complete (for instance a pilot boat that is supposed to collect the pilot but comes within an few hundred yards of your ship and bounces up and down in the water like it's on a bouncycastle and never actually arrives at your vessel, making the mission impossible to complete).  Even on the free roaming parts of the game, there are glitches like the horn not working, large vessels bouncing up and down in the water and maps showing something totally different to the actual scene infront of you, controls that randomly reset themselves, autopilot that cancels itself every 10 secs, and worst of all when your boat disappears altogether from the water!

Are these problems to do with my computer or are they indicative of a badly programmed game?

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 22:30:34 »

hi,

most of the problems you've mentioned must be in your computer. can you post your dxdiag?
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 22:36:59 »

Some issues can be caused by your computer, but it's not a secret that the game is badly programmed anyway...
Rosenblatt Project

steamersam

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:47 »

hi,

most of the problems you've mentioned must be in your computer. can you post your dxdiag?

I've attached it, cheers!

Steve

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:47 »

Hi Steamersam
First please go to the library were the game is installed and click on
game icon.
You can then ask it to verify integrity of files any missing or corrupt
files will be replaced.
                                                                                       Eric

steamersam

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04:03 »

Hi Steamersam
First please go to the library were the game is installed and click on
game icon.
You can then ask it to verify integrity of files any missing or corrupt
files will be replaced.
                                                                                       Eric

I tried that a few days ago Sid, games stills plays the same :(

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines