Hello Guest September 23, 2024, 21:17:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game runs slow on decent laptop  (Read 1373 times)

clod

• Forum member
Game runs slow on decent laptop
« on: December 29, 2011, 11:23:58 »

Hi everybody, i just bought this game on sale off steam, the problem is it runs very slowly and laggy on an i7 2617m, 4gb of ram and an nvidia gt 540M no matter what settings i use. I think the problem is that for some reason the game uses the integrated intel graphic card and not the nvidia as even the menus tend to be laggy.  :'(

-- The problem is optimus not switching to the nvidia card when launching the game, i tried adding the executables i found in the steam folder in the "nvidia card list" but still i can't get it to use it. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 15:43:33 by clod »

michabned

• Forum member
Re: Game runs slow on decent laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 13:02:52 »

I'm afraid this laptop does not meet the minimum system requirements of this game. The i7 2617m is a 1.5 Ghz duo core processor, for CPU hungry games like Ship Simulator this is not enough. Maybe using turbo boost it might run, this processor seems to be able to get 2.6 Ghz in turbo mode, which should be enough for this game (although the requirements says 3.0 Ghz, this is for a Pentium 4, an Core i7 is faster at the same clock speed). The 540M videocard is slightly below the minimum requirements as well however. So I don't think you can really expect a decent framerate with this system.

evyse

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:26:28 »

Have you tried adjusting the graphics settings?

Yes, unfortunately the per-core clock matters a lot with this game even in brand new processors.
i5-2500K@3.3GHz
8GB HyperX 1600MHz
GTX 560 Ti
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Antec Gaming Nine Hundred Two

Tazman42

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 13:11:11 »

If your laptop is like mine with the 2 vid cards,i had to right click the desktop  icon and in the drop down you should see something like "run with graphics processor".click that and all your VCs should be listed and pic the one you want to run the game or do like i did and just make the good card the default for everything.

I had the same issue as you until i switched that setting,now i run  max settings.My VC is the 560M ,not sure if that is a big difference from the 540M.Good luck,hope you get it working
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines