Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 08:28:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphics card  (Read 600 times)

Ralphy

• Forum member
Graphics card
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:57:56 »

Hi guys,

Got fed up with my current pc, i need one that can run SSE and other games at a pretty decent FPS so i've been looking at building my own. Will this Graphics card run well? Or is there a better card around that price range?

I think i will be going for a AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.20GHz Quad Core processor, I'm pretty certain that is good enough and Will be going for 8GB of RAM

Thanks for any help,
Ralphy

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Graphics card
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 15:01:46 »

Hi Ralphy,

The HD 6790 surpasses the requirements of SSE. It's good enough. Your choice of the AMD processor and the quantity of RAM is more than sufficient.

However ....

- Please give emphasis to a good quality PSU of 500 Watts or over. Have you already decided on the brand ?

- AMD processors are known to generate more heat with graphic intense applications. There is a possibility that the stock cooler fan - the one which comes with the processor - may eventually become noisy. I have a Phenom II processor and the moment I got on to SSE, the speed of the fan increased and it was noisy. I had to replace it with an after market fan and that made a lot of difference.

If you need more information about these aspects, please do ask.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines