Hello Guest September 18, 2024, 14:09:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Key  (Read 2435 times)

TitanicDL

• Forum member
License Key
« on: May 18, 2011, 20:28:27 »

Hey everyone,

I want to play Ship Sim 2008, and I lost my license key in a move from my college to back home. Can anyone help me, or direct me on how to obtain a new one?

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
Re: License Key
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 20:45:26 »

No offense but honestly,  people said it on your last topic you made when you conviniently lost that license code for SS06  ::)
Need to really put it somewhere safe!

But really all you can do again is speak to Mad_Fred see if he can do anything for you.
Get his contact here: http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,6012.msg62246.html#msg62246

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 20:48:28 »

Hello Titanic,

One of the first things you should have done was to register the license key of your copy of SS 2008 in your Profile in the Forum. It would have always been there.

We need to sight some proof of purchase - a bill, etc. Basically we ought to be convinced it is a legal version and not a copy or a download from an unauthorised website.

vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

TitanicDL

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 20:48:54 »

I know I know! I'm awful!! I leave my CD in my computer without the case & manual, and am constantly in transit, and have bought a new lap top. I appreciate the response! Glad to announce that I had recovered my SS06 manual, but soon after, I upgraded! I can't wait for the next upgrade (and will be more careful haha)

TitanicDL

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 20:50:22 »

Thanks Vin! I'll have to dig through my receipts, but I'm not sure if I'd have that. Is there a way to purchase a new code for less than the price of a whole new DVD/CD-rom?

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 20:54:32 »

Sorry, I quite doubt Vstep would "sell" license codes. You will have to buy a new DVD. In your other post you said that you "cannot wait for an upgrade" ! I hope you are aware that Vstep released Ship Simulator Extremes in August 2010.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 20:57:16 »

Well just buy the download version

http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipsimulator2008

Only €16.99

Its a download to, so no CD, and the Licence key will be E-Mailed to you - less easy to lose  !:)
Then the first thing to do is register it here - so its backed up again  !:)

TitanicDL

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 20:58:29 »

I did glance under products, and am very excited to see that! I may just have to transition! :)

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 21:00:40 »

I did glance under products, and am very excited to see that! I may just have to transition! :)

Please ensure that your computer's config is in line with the System Requirements specified for SSE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines